• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

brian724080

I got an Aolong v2 with the box with a tab and clear plastic on the front, which means that it should be the second batch. However, I see that the Aolong v2's plastic is slightly duller than the v1, so does that mean I got the first batch? However, my v2 isn't all that sluggish compared to the v1.

brian724080

If it isn't terribly slow, it should be the new batch.

I see, and I definitely hope so. I didn't know that the original Aolong v2 were that bad such that you'd describe them as being "terribly slow".

Also, I wonder if there's a Aolong v2 v1 vs Aolong v2 v2 video :p

Last edited:

ClovisKoo

WCA
2014KOOC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Was there ever a Diansheng with disproportionate pieces? I'm asking this because my first speedcube had similar packaging to a Diansheng, a RYB colour scheme and rectangular edges (No pictures because I lost it)
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread btw, this seemed to be the most fitting place to ask

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Was there ever a Diansheng with disproportionate pieces? I'm asking this because my first speedcube had similar packaging to a Diansheng, a RYB colour scheme and rectangular edges (No pictures because I lost it)
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread btw, this seemed to be the most fitting place to ask

Can you show pics of it?

usmaak

Please help in identifying this cube

Hi,

I ordered the following item from Amazon. It's supposed to be a Moyu Sulong. Thing is, the item that I got looks nothing at all like the pictures on Amazon or any of the other pictures that I find while searching for the Sulong. I question the quality of the cube that I received. The stickers are applied poorly, and several of them have air bubbles under them. I've done about 100 solves on it, and the edges of the stickers are already starting to fray. I've attached two images. One of them is of the red side, to show the stickers. The other is the white side with the label, and the box that it came in. I'd appreciate help in identifying it.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20140831_111310.jpg
    20140831_111310.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 20140831_105924.jpg
    20140831_105924.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 130

drc00k3

It looks like a Moyu aolong but the logo on the sticker isn't the same so it might be a fake Sulong

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Several things
First, there is a dedicated thread for this kind of thing, namely "Is my cube/puzzle a dud?". You should have posted this there.
Second, you need to post pictures of the internals. Disassemble the cube and upload pictures of the edges, centers, and corners.
Otherwise there's no way to identify the cube. The stickers tell me absolutely nothing about the cube itself, only that the stickers are not stock MoYu stickers.

aHappyAsian

YouTube
Visit Channel
Could be a sulong. It would help to show the internal pieces. You can't identify a cube from just the outside because cubes can be restickered. The only thing I can tell you from those pics is that its a black cube with what looks like moyu stickers. Some things to note are that Amazon is not the best place to buy cubes and I have gotten diff cubes than I ordered through amazon ( I ordered stickerless and got black). Also Moyu isn't known for its perfect stickers... Your stickers seem like a regular cube out of the box

usmaak

Several things
First, there is a dedicated thread for this kind of thing, namely "Is my cube/puzzle a dud?". You should have posted this there.
Second, you need to post pictures of the internals. Disassemble the cube and upload pictures of the edges, centers, and corners.
Otherwise there's no way to identify the cube. The stickers tell me absolutely nothing about the cube itself, only that the stickers are not stock MoYu stickers.

Please point me to this thread. I don't see it anywhere. As you can see from my number of posts, I'm sort of new here. Hardware seemed to be the right place for this to go.

Thanks for all of the information. I didn't know that about Amazon. I've ordered a few cubes from them, and this is the first time I've had an issue. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's a sulong, the new ones don't look anything like the pictures. If the internals look kind of blocky, and the cube has a sort of crispy, hollowish sound and feeling, it's probably a sulong.

rsquaredcuber

WCA
2013RAMR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

I ordered the following item from Amazon. It's supposed to be a Moyu Sulong. Thing is, the item that I got looks nothing at all like the pictures on Amazon or any of the other pictures that I find while searching for the Sulong. I question the quality of the cube that I received. The stickers are applied poorly, and several of them have air bubbles under them. I've done about 100 solves on it, and the edges of the stickers are already starting to fray. I've attached two images. One of them is of the red side, to show the stickers. The other is the white side with the label, and the box that it came in. I'd appreciate help in identifying it.

Thanks

It looks like a Yulong to me...

usmaak

Thanks all. The core is a lighter shade of blue. I'll have to get some pictures of the corner and edge pieces.