• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

When was your first 3BLD success?

JasonDL13

WCA
2014LEWI02
Mine was a few weeks ago. I didn't count what attempt but it was a big one. Like 13. I already knew and mastered 2BLD. Time was 14:44.01[10:46.37]. I've only gotten 2 two solves blindfolded. Many very close. That was the only timed one but I'm practicing a lot.

CuberM

WCA
2014HOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Im quite slow, but I also don't focus very well. I am still working on getting better. I actually just did a blindfolded solve, and it was successful, but it took me extra long because I just realized, when I thought I was done, I made a mistake with the edge memo.

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Woah. Do you actually still remember the memo? If so, that's crazy.

I believe my first success was a week or so ago. It was 14 minutes with OP/OP. Now I use M2/OP and I'm down to 4-5 minutes.
I don't actually remember it, I wrote my memo down afterwards and saved it on a Word document with all my cubing pb's. Now whenever I get a personal best in BLD I write the memo in a notebook where I write all of my blindfold accomplishments (as well as failures) to look back on.

Fawn

Mine was just a few months ago. It was somewhere around 5:30. It was definitely a lot faster than most first successes, but that's because I practiced the living hell out of edges and corners seperately before attempting a full solve. I don't practice it much anymore, but I kinda want to get back into it.