• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Moyu Weilong v3

Bryan Chia

YouTube
Visit Channel
Moyu Weilong v3
designed on June, expecting to be on the market by the end of this year..

other than that, it doesn't have much info on it yet

162417oannirrsifay5trm.jpg

162418j165mh11v6vfakek.jpg

plusCubed

WCA
2013CIAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
MoYu actually calls this the WeiLong v2 (威龙二代), the real one. The previous "WeiLong v2" was actually called the WeiLong-Enhanced or WeiLong+ in Chinese.

I'm just wondering how American cube stores will market this (WeiLong v2? v3? v4 since the AoLong was called v3 by a lot of people? but then it'd be v5 since there's the AoLong v2 which was supposed to be AoLong+ anyway not v2 ok bye I'm gonna stop typing).

Bryan Chia

YouTube
Visit Channel
MoYu actually calls this the WeiLong v2 (威龙二代), the real one. The previous "WeiLong v2" was actually called the WeiLong-Enhanced or WeiLong+ in Chinese.

I'm just wondering how American cube stores will market this (WeiLong v2? v3? v4 since the AoLong was called v3 by a lot of people? but then it'd be v5 since there's the AoLong v2 which was supposed to be AoLong+ anyway not v2 ok bye I'm gonna stop typing).

Exactly, yes !
this is suppose to be the version 2.. like why would ppl just assume the enchanced version is the v2 .. so confusing

yoinneroid

WCA
2010UTOM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Exactly, yes !
this is suppose to be the version 2.. like why would ppl just assume the enchanced version is the v2 .. so confusing

because it is technically different version, there is something different, it can be addition of another piece, or a change in construction, however designers themselves probably don't regard this as a major version change, since it is probably not hard to change in the cad. The designers probably only regard a major version change when they really alter the shape from the base design.

oh, and another reason, we've been doing this since a couple years ago, when the guhong+ come out, everyone just called it guhong v2 or guhong 2

Bryan Chia

YouTube
Visit Channel
because it is technically different version, there is something different, it can be addition of another piece, or a change in construction, however designers themselves probably don't regard this as a major version change, since it is probably not hard to change in the cad. The designers probably only regard a major version change when they really alter the shape from the base design.

oh, and another reason, we've been doing this since a couple years ago, when the guhong+ come out, everyone just called it guhong v2 or guhong 2

thats actually very misleading .. should have just named it like the Chinese way, enhanced version*

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's not misleading. It is a new version. Enhanced is more misleading actually. They're implying they improved it (which they didn't)
I would not say misleading. most cubes coming out now are not arbitrarily better or worse than others. Thus to say a cube is better or "enhanced" is a matter of opinion and they were expressing their opinion in the name of the cube. Would they release a new cube and call it the worse version?