• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Failures Thread

Hssandwich

WCA
2013SAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, cool. I decided to make up some awful centres method, did one sighted centres solve, one blind edge centres (+centres? Idk the name) and that's all the prep I did for this attempt, so I was completely unprepared. I am extremely happy with the result, although it wasn't a success, it was a lot better than I was expecting. It was 12 centres (4 inner and 8 outer), all solvable with an r move, 4 wings and 3 midges.

Looking at this, it is certain that I made an execution mistake and did an extra r' or missed an r during wings, causing the centres and the 4 wings to be unsolved. I either missed a letter pair during midges, or memo'ed it wrong in the first place.

I was extremely surprised that my centres were solved at one point.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's a good one. I know some people cross their legs or sit on their foot. I'm sure there are loads of methods.

It's flipped edges I tend to forget to do. I leave them to the very end so I don't get confused by the cube rotations but I often completely forget to do them.

Guess what I forgot to do in competition at the weekend? I'll get an official solve one day.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guess what I forgot to do in competition at the weekend? I'll get an official solve one day.
Try just memoing as another pair. For example, assuming you use Speffz, you can memo a flipped front right edge as JP. When you get to it during execution, you can either notice it's a flip and do a flipping alg, or if you solve it as two targets (slower) that's fine, at least it will still work.

Notice in the MBLD memo I posted earlier that one of the corner memos ends with TO DI. That's two twisted corners.

rodrigoguitar

WCA
2014NUNE05
First try on 6BLD, pop after 28 min memo and 4 min execution(two cross centres). Much apreciated v-cube :tu

Good part is that memo was so fluid and I could memo more than I thought, before this attempt my brain went dead on +10min memos. I think that without the pop there'd be no memo problems (surely a bunch of exec errors though)

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Try just memoing as another pair. For example, assuming you use Speffz, you can memo a flipped front right edge as JP. When you get to it during execution, you can either notice it's a flip and do a flipping alg, or if you solve it as two targets (slower) that's fine, at least it will still work.

Notice in the MBLD memo I posted earlier that one of the corner memos ends with TO DI. That's two twisted corners.

That looks like a safer approach.

Hssandwich

WCA
2013SAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow you are getting fast...

This solve was completely a one off, memo was just under 4 minutes, which is about usual for me, and execution was pretty much pauseless, so that was what made the solve. I usually get about 9 minutes, but I haven't done as much 4BLD recently, I have main,y been focussing on 3BLD, 5BLD and multi. I usually do an attempt per day.

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This solve was completely a one off, memo was just under 4 minutes, which is about usual for me, and execution was pretty much pauseless, so that was what made the solve. I usually get about 9 minutes, but I haven't done as much 4BLD recently, I have main,y been focussing on 3BLD, 5BLD and multi. I usually do an attempt per day.

Go and get 3BLD. All I can manage nowadays is sup-1 (yes. sup.)