• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Failures Thread

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've had worse. :) Just do some practice, try to go slow and turn careful if you need to. Remember the comp is about having fun, so try not to stress too much about your solves. I have a comp the same weekend with 3BLD..

Thanks. Just tired and fed up. I managed to stretch the streak to 8 before giving up. I'll maybe go back to some edges or corners only tomorrow.

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How careful was your execution?
Going "kinda fast" often results in higher accuracy than going slow.

Execution was fastish I guess, memo also wasn't super slow, but...

The way I memo is pretty bad imo, but this is the first time it's been a huge problem. I've always just done memo 2, review 2, move on. Not even with a final review at the end. Even though I review on the cubes I still think I need to find something better. After this trainwreck, I'm motivated to actually fix it because obviously my previous attempts were more or less flukes (Including a 9/11 in 55 mins that wasn't far from being 11/11).

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

The way I memo is pretty bad imo, but this is the first time it's been a huge problem. I've always just done memo 2, review 2, move on. Not even with a final review at the end. Even though I review on the cubes I still think I need to find something better. After this trainwreck, I'm motivated to actually fix it because obviously my previous attempts were more or less flukes (Including a 9/11 in 55 mins that wasn't far from being 11/11).

Or maybe the fail was a fluke. It can go both ways.

CyanSandwich

WCA
2013NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Yeah you should at least do a final review at the end. Whatever extra time you spend on that will probably be saved-ish during recall.
Oh and if you don't already (you probably do), do the last cube as a 3BLD.