• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Official] Live Coverage of the Indiana 2014 3x3 Finals

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

We wanted to come as close as possible to what you might see on ESPN. Tell us how we did :)

Kit and Noah take on the role of sportscasters, giving you live commentary and exclusive coverage of the 4 person 3x3 finals at the Indiana 2014 Rubik's Cube competition.

Special thanks to Mike Hughey for letting us make this video at his competition!

Timestamps:
Competition Recap - 0:04
Finals Play-by-Play - 4:53
Interviews - 12:44
Awards - 16:04
Wrap Up - 17:08

Last edited by a moderator:

slinky773

WCA
2014LEEY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Looking at the video, I look so awkward and flail-y :p (I'm the one judging for Kennan)

In any case, you and Kit did a great job with this. Hopefully this will be a trend at competitions with high profile finals, like this one and (maybe, though iirc they didn't do it this year at Nationals because of issues when they did it at Worlds) National/Continental/World championships. Very nice video.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
"Oh man this is going to be cringey"

I came in expecting it to be bad but it was awesome! If you do it again you should tell the competitors to not cube whilst getting interviewed though, pretty annoying. Great job Noah/Kit.

D

Deleted member 19792

I should try this at the next comp I go to [if I don't make finals]

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
With some effects thrown in to make it even more like ESPN.

Just something I threw together, so there are a few errors here and there. Also, the actual effects (including images) could be better, but I didn't have a whole lot of time to waste on this. The goal was to just show the potential of this type of video.

Color key for the bar on the far right:
Blue: mean
Yellow: mean - standard deviation
Orange: mean + standard deviation
Green (number displayed on bar): estimated average (assumes rest of solves are the same as mean)
White: lower bound (fastest possible average)
Red: upper bound (slowest possible average)

Last edited by a moderator:

rowehessler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKpLNFbCzA

Just something I threw together, so there are a few errors here and there. Also, the actual effects (including images) could be better, but I didn't have a whole lot of time to waste on this. The goal was to just show the potential of this type of video.

Green (number displayed on bar): estimated average (assumes rest of solves are the same as mean)

this is awesome, do this for every competition

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKpLNFbCzA

This is downright awesome.