• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Skewb problem

FailCuber

WCA
2011CHOI04
Ok, so I was trying to take out the ball bearings out of the ShengShou skewb, but I accidentally used too much force to disassemble the fist piece so the torpedo thing came out. So I decided to put it back with super glue. But look at what happened: 20140823_143701.jpg The right piece sees more elevated then the left one right? That's because I didn't put it all the way in. I tried to take if off but I couldn't. And when I was assembling it I found a big gap that was absent on the other ones.20140823_142644.jpg When I fully assemble it the cube was very locky because of that and it looks very ugly.20140823_143043.jpg Can anyone fix this? I might be going to a competition soon so pls tell me if you know. Thanks!

FailCuber

WCA
2011CHOI04
All I am asking is how do I take it apart? I tried to pull it out but it seemed impossible because it is sticked to each other. I tried to look for tutorials on youtube but I couldn't find any.

yoinneroid

WCA
2010UTOM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
All I am asking is how do I take it apart? I tried to pull it out but it seemed impossible because it is sticked to each other. I tried to look for tutorials on youtube but I couldn't find any.

Since you superglued it, it shouldn't be possible to remove it by hand alone. You need to separate it through some cutting or something, as superglue stick stuff by molding them together

Last edited:

rsquaredcuber

WCA
2013RAMR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, so I was trying to take out the ball bearings out of the ShengShou skewb, but I accidentally used too much force to disassemble the fist piece so the torpedo thing came out. So I decided to put it back with super glue. But look at what happened: View attachment 4388 The right piece sees more elevated then the left one right? That's because I didn't put it all the way in. I tried to take if off but I couldn't. And when I was assembling it I found a big gap that was absent on the other ones.View attachment 4389 When I fully assemble it the cube was very locky because of that and it looks very ugly.View attachment 4390 Can anyone fix this? I might be going to a competition soon so pls tell me if you know. Thanks!

I got my SS skewb today from Cubezz.com and I have the EXACT SAME problem!! I tried to take the ball bearings and springs out and the the torpedo on my white square center piece popped off! I used Elmer's Wood Glue and am waiting for it to dry. Hopefully it will stay in. Do you think that Cubezz would be nice enough to send me a replacement if this doesn't work and I told them what happened?

ccownerful

I got my SS skewb today from Cubezz.com and I have the EXACT SAME problem!! I tried to take the ball bearings and springs out and the the torpedo on my white square center piece popped off! I used Elmer's Wood Glue and am waiting for it to dry. Hopefully it will stay in. Do you think that Cubezz would be nice enough to send me a replacement if this doesn't work and I told them what happened?

no. Cubezz sent me a stripped sheng shou 2x2 aurora, and didn't reply to my emails for 2 weeks. When I finally took it to paypal and demanded a refund or new product, they insist that I send it back and they will give me a new one. (as shipping will cost more than the product itself.) Cubezz has great prices, but by far has the worst customer service I have dealt with. If you are looking for a good skewb, get a moyu. Hope that you won't have problems with it, and buy it from cubezz for 2 dollars more than a sheng shou. hope this helps!