• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cornerless cubes

krzyswit2

Hi,
This is my first post here so if i post in bad topic, move it.
I have an idea about new puzzle. It will be just 3x3 with removed corners. There will be three versions:
- 2-cornerless cube - from normal 3x3 two most opposite corners will be removed (i.e. the white-red-blue and yellow-green-orange)
- 4-cornerless cube - from normal 3x3 four corners will be removed (i.e. white-red-blue, yellow-green-orange, white-green-orange and yellow-red-blue)
- 6-cornerless cube - you know, 6 corners will be removed.
(Of course theese corners wont be just removed, but they will be replaced with smaller ones just for not popping, like edges in 2x2)
The cubes will have some of the errors, because, after scrambling, you don't know what "corner" belongs where.
(PS. I'm from Poland, sorry for bad language)

Zeotor

The concept that you propose has been made, at least the six-cornerless version. You can see pictures of it here. One of them is shown below.

02984-01.jpg
There is one difference. The edges have colors on them to indicate where the absent corners should go.

As far as I know, this puzzle is not currently mass produced. Of course, you can always make one yourself. :)