• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sup guys :D

Tamara Tomato

Okay hello guys I'm an 11 year old from Australia... I've just started solving Rubik's Cubes about 1 month ago and I've fully memorised the method on the Rubik's Cube website (some random beginner's method which I don't know what it's called) and I normally solve between 1 minute 10 seconds and 1 minute 30. (Yeah I suck don't have to tell me)

Right now I'm really confused about which methods there are and which ones are good and stuff... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Somebody help meeeeeeeeee.

brian724080

Welcome! You might want to browse through the link titled "Choosing a Method" in my signature down below. Some methods may be more difficult to understand to others, so when in doubt, be sure to read all the information provided.

daisuke

I recomend you cfop or friedrich method. There are a lot of tutorials on youtube (I can´t recomend you any english one because I´m Spanish). The two first steps are almost like the beginners method. You just do the cross, and insert the one corner and one edge at the same time, then you complete your top face and orient it.
There are more methods, like roux or zz, but I don´t know anything about them.

I hope you can find a good tutorial and improve a lot your times :D

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Most people use CFOP, so it has more resources.
But roux is a really good method too, and it's really cool to execute.

And definitely don't give ZZ a miss! It has the most potential for awesome 1 look last layer things.

All in all: check the 'choosing a method' thread and pick the one you think you'd like best.

brian724080

And definitely don't give ZZ a miss! It has the most potential for awesome 1 look last layer things.

Such as Winter Variation, Summer Variation, and other last slot methods. Or you can memorize 493 algorithms for ZBLL...

Tamara Tomato

Omg guys thanks!

Only 20 minutes past and I've already got 6 comments! :p I expected to get at the most a comment a day later.

I'll go for CFOP (whatever that stands for lol), thanks. :)