• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Help breaking sub 10 average!!

pkvk9122

Hey guyz!

I have been cubing for a while now and have recently been on and off the cube lol.
i have managed to recover my speed (currently about 13 seconds average) but am stuck right now, as I was a while ago.
I can not seem to break the 10 second barrier no matter what I try. Some details on my solves:

I use standard CFOP, no other variations. Just normal F2l, OLL, and PLL.
I have had 3 sub 10s in the past. I use a Dayan Guhong V2.

What should I do (learn, study, practise etc) to break the sub 10 barrier?
Any thoughts are welcome!

Thanks

pkvk9122

Edit: I have searched these forums and google, however most of them are on breaking sub-30, 20, and 15. Also I am colour neutral

Hypocrism

WCA
2009ADLA01
I'm with you there, I also currently average low 13s. But at an average of 13s, you can't be aiming for sub10. I think smaller goals are better, so sub13 first, then sub12, then sub11, then sub10. Progress is pretty slow and I think these goals are more motivating.

I'm making videos about how I practice. There's currently only 1 but that's because I don't like recording the narration when I'm not home alone, and so won't finish off the next two videos until Friday. But do the standard-focus intensely on looking ahead, and don't just grind solves, but try to make proper progress.

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guyz!

I have been cubing for a while now and have recently been on and off the cube lol.
i have managed to recover my speed (currently about 13 seconds average) but am stuck right now, as I was a while ago.
I can not seem to break the 10 second barrier no matter what I try. Some details on my solves:

I use standard CFOP, no other variations. Just normal F2l, OLL, and PLL.
I have had 3 sub 10s in the past. I use a Dayan Guhong V2.

What should I do (learn, study, practise etc) to break the sub 10 barrier?
Any thoughts are welcome!

Thanks

pkvk9122

Edit: I have searched these forums and google, however most of them are on breaking sub-30, 20, and 15. Also I am colour neutral

try to see what you are bad at. cross? f2l? oll? pll? alg recognition? lookahead? fingertricks? movecount?

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Since I can't give any specific advice, I would recommend a few general things.

1. What Hypocrism said is good, I think you should go for sub 12 before sub 10.
2. Try looking at breakdowns of solves to see what you're better at and what you're not so great at, and maybe post a video for critique.
3. Start practicing a LOT, doing something like an Ao100 a day can really help. In the wise words of Feliks, the answer to the question, "How do I get fast?" is always "Practice."

Future Cuber

I am a major nub and I suck. But this should help. Get something better than A Guhong
[youtubehd]mzcUbBNhWMM[/youtubehd]
I remember that you said that this video was useless to you .....
when someone else recomended this video

PJKCuber

WCA
2014KULK02
I remember that you said that this video was useless to you .....
when someone else recomended this video

Not this video. Cyoubx's series on you can be sub 20 without..... look ahead or cross on bottom. I am sub 20 with those things, so it is obvious that I cant be sub 20 without them.

Future Cuber

Not this video. Cyoubx's series on you can be sub 20 without..... look ahead or cross on bottom. I am sub 20 with those things, so it is obvious that I cant be sub 20 without them.
Im not sure that he metioned that you can be sub 20 without cross on bottom............
and you CAN be sub 20 with out lookahead