• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Scheduled Downtimes

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
In 2.5 hours (0400 GMT), we will have approx. 1 hour of downtime for some upgrades.

In a couple weeks, we will have another 1-2 hours of downtime around the same time. Will update here around that time.

Apologies about the inconvenience.

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
That's fair enough, there have been quite a few moments where the server died recently, and that made me feel sad. Gogogo with the upgrades!

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
The upgrades have been finished. We've also made a few minor changes to a few things.

For mobile users: if you haven't been using the new mobile theme, please do so and provide some feedback. On your mobile phone, direct your browser to m.speedsolving.com .

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Post your device type/OS so I know. When I am logged in it works fine.

The issue appears to be when logged out, the welcome header is not sizing down. Working on it now.

Edit: made a few changes, please update me if the issue you posted before still exists.

Last edited:

cubernya

Premium Member
A little better...it flashed what it should look like then reverted to the previous picture.

iPod iOs 7.0.6

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
Android 2.2.2

Problem still exists, and here's what is happening: When the page is loading, everything appears perfect at first, speedsolving logo is in place, subforums are completely visible, the menu and search buttons are in the corner at the same level as the speedsolving logo, BUT the facebook button has not yet appeared. The page-loading continues, and when the facebook button finally appears, that three-button box (facebook - menu - search) moves down to where it is on that screenshot I posted. It seems that the speedsolving logo + those three buttons have a combined width greater than the screen, so when all three buttons have loaded, they don't fit next to the speedsolving logo and are forced down to the level underneath the logo. (and then the box containing those buttons gets the same height as the list of subforums and all the empty white space in that button box covers up the subforum stuff)

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Around 6:00am GMT on Wednesday, we will have 1-2 hrs of downtime to do some site maintenance. We will update here once it is complete. Apologies about the inconvenience.

Randomno

Banned
WCA
2014STAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Around 6:00am GMT on Wednesday, we will have 1-2 hrs of downtime to do some site maintenance. We will update here once it is complete. Apologies about the inconvenience.

Aw, means I won't be able to come here in the morning before school.

Shouldn't this be called "Scheduled Downtime Thread" or something?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
attachment.php

Mine is slightly better :p

*image removed*
What I see
Both of these issues have been resolved. Can you please confirm? Both of these issues were specific to your phone dimensions, and did not exist on larger phones.