• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[SAR] Pedro Roque - 5x5 single 56.99

pedrinroque

WCA
2012ROQU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
first 2 centers finish at 8.6seg
6 centers+4edges finish at 33.6seg
edge paring finish at 46.9
so its
33+14+10

3x3 details
i think I did 6 f2l pairs, but 2 was completly nothing

edge paring details
Prior to Aligning the centers, after the first four paired edges, I forced the other two so they were done, the last two edges were a simple flip.

Last edited:

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No that's part of the method :) You don't always have to build a XXcross after you have 4 edges left. I tend to go for the XXcross approach because I cannot see anything easy after restoring the centres, most of the time (like two thirds of my solves)

BillyRain

Premium Member
WCA
2012JEFF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
(A little off topic)

Why do alot of people overseas seem to take their bags with them to the solving station? I seen Feliks do it alot and every now and then you see someone do it, but I've never seen anybody in the UK do this lol.

Maybe your venues are alot bigger than ours so you cant just leave them at a table somewhere?

Amazing solve BTW. Grats.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Congrats! Yau on 5x5 ftw. "One top 100 SA cuber" this is why you shouldn't just focus on 3x3. World class at 4x4 and 5x5, definitely podium contender.

I seen Feliks do it alot and every now and then you see someone do it, but I've never seen anybody in the UK do this lol.

Maybe at Worlds or US Nats? At Aussie comps he leaves his bag with other people's bags.

pedrinroque

WCA
2012ROQU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
thanks Tim,

I dont practice 3x3 , my focus is 4x4 and 5x5, this is why I'm not in top 100 at this event.

Billy I dont know why, but this was the unique competition I did it