• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hello all!

GnomeSang

Hey guys, Reagan here.

I first started cubing my sophomore year of high school in 2006 using this site

http://www.alchemistmatt.com/cube/rubik.html

I achieved a PB of ~35s using this method. I stopped cubing after a year and didn't come back to it until I went to college. In college I messed around another 3x3 but nothing too serious. It wasn't until a few months after I graduated college in December 2013 that I started to seriously pick it up again. I learned CFOP with 4LLL and averaged ~35s with a PB of 25.451.

I actively check the cubers subreddit and that led me to this forum which I've been visiting more and more frequently the last few weeks. Last week I decided to put my CFOP aside and fully commit to learning Roux. Now I'm averaging ~55s with a PB of 40.517 using Roux, and hopefully those numbers will continue to fall.

I'm interested in getting better at Roux, learning ZZ for OH solving, and perhaps some BLD sometime down the road.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this forum and to officially say hello!

GnomeSang

nice to see more and more people turning to roux. have you thought about using roux for one handed? i don't think it's too bad. then again i don't do much OH.

Hello. By the way, Roux OH is fast. I can get sub-15 with it without much practice.

Oh that's really good news to me. I guess now I have no reason not to really focus on getting Roux down pat. Thanks guys!