• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Unboxing MoYu AoLong V2 and World's Largest 3x3

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here it is guys. Hope I highlighted what you want to see with this cube. Since I have made the video I have tightened the cube, lubed the pieces, and solved it a few hundred more times and it is breaking in beautifully. I don't want to jump the gun and say this is my main already, but I really do like the feel of a more stable AoLong. Let me know what you think of this video. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makarov

I think I'll have to get this since I like cubes without that bubbly feeling. Looks like Cubicle stopped making the clear business cards, those were awesome as bookmarks. Nice username btw I should have majored in Cubeology.

WCA
2014BLOC01
I think I'll have to get this since I like cubes without that bubbly feeling. Looks like Cubicle stopped making the clear business cards, those were awesome as bookmarks. Nice username btw I should have majored in Cubeology.

They've said that since they ran low on the clear ones, they don't send them unless you ask for one. If you ask for one specifically, they do send them.

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel

It is getting better and better. I don't know if it will be for everybody, but it suites my turning style really well.

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
not every cube of the same model is exactly the same, so how do you know that the differences you mentioned couldn't happen on 2 identical cubes

As you could probably see, it wasn't the only thing that was in the box.

And as to the second part of your comment, I do not know if what I saw and felt is what every copy of that design will be like. I got a single version of the cube and did my best to convey what my first impressions were. Do you suggest that I buy a large enough number of the cube to obtain a statistically significant sample of the whole production? Or are you saying that reviews on single cubes are useless? Neither of those conclusions seem reasonable to me.

But regardless of the negativity, I appreciate the feedback, as nonconstructive as it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2012PATE01
Really like the video ^_^! I think i am gonna skip the Aulong V1 and get V2 instead :)!

And as to the second part of your comment, I do not know if what I saw and felt is what every copy of that design will be like. I got a single version of the cube and did my best to convey what my first impressions were. Do you suggest that I buy a large enough number of the cube to obtain a statistically significant sample of the whole production? Or are you saying that reviews on single cubes are useless? Neither of those conclusions seem reasonable to me.

But regardless of the negativity, I appreciate the feedback, as nonconstructive as it was.
I can agree on this....

tpt8899

Two words - Amazing Video...

On another note,
Hope you enjoy another sub! Keep up the amazing work!

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel

I will side with Ben, but in a more constructive way. I think people are interested in the v2, not the giant cube. I think you were able to put out a very fast unboxing of the v2, but the giant cube part is unnecessary. I would, in the future, plan for these videos, and bite the bullet and pay separate shipping so you can have two nice unboxing videos.

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think people are interested in the v2, not the giant cube. I think you were able to put out a very fast unboxing of the v2, but the giant cube part is unnecessary.

Unnecessary to who? You? Because I love the giant cube, and so do many other people. I am actually making another video with it right now lol. I agree that I could have put out a straight forward 2 minute unboxing of the Aolong V2, but videos like that are not interesting to me. And I am making videos that I would want to watch. So even though I appreciate what you are saying, this is all personal preference. And my preference is to not pointlessly separate my orders, or ignore certain things in an order to save a minute here or there. I realize that some people will disagree with this and that is fine. Maybe my channel isn't for them. But I can't go changing every time some random person has a comment on how they would do it.

Two words - Amazing Video...

On another note,
Hope you enjoy another sub! Keep up the amazing work!

Thank you very much. I am very happy that you like it.

Last edited:

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Unnecessary to who? You? Because I love the giant cube, and so do many other people. I am actually making another video with it right now lol. I agree that I could have put out a straight forward 2 minute unboxing of the Aolong V2, but videos like that are not interesting to me. And I am making videos that I would want to watch. So even though I appreciate what you are saying, this is all personal preference. And my preference is to not pointlessly separate my orders, or ignore certain things in an order to save a minute here or there. I realize that some people will disagree with this and that is fine. Maybe my channel isn't for them. But I can't go changing every time some random person has a comment on how they would do it.

I understand, but you have to understand the amount of people who are looking for whether or not to buy the V2 compared to who are interested in seeing the giant cube. The difference is staggering. I think if you want a channel dedicated to speed cubers as your audience, rather than puzzle enthusiasts, it's a lot more valuable to focus on the puzzles they will want to see. And considering the immense interest in the AoLong v2, it would make sense to give it its own video. That's my opinion though.

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I understand, but you have to understand the amount of people who are looking for whether or not to buy the V2 compared to who are interested in seeing the giant cube. The difference is staggering. I think if you want a channel dedicated to speed cubers as your audience, rather than puzzle enthusiasts, it's a lot more valuable to focus on the puzzles they will want to see. And considering the immense interest in the AoLong v2, it would make sense to give it its own video. That's my opinion though.

Let me start off by saying that I appreciate everything you are saying. You are someone that makes me consider what I am doing and thinking in a respectful way. And people like you, with a cool head and well thought out opinions, are why I love debating.

I agree that giving the V2 its own video would have been advantageous for this forum. And I also agree that the difference in interest is very staggering when it comes to the speedsolvers. But I don't want to limit myself to a strictly speedsolving channel. Although it is my main hobby and I am trying and trying to get faster, I really enjoy puzzles for the fun and challenging aspects that they bring to the table. So there may be some non-speedsolving material mixed in with all of my other material that I plan on uploading. Like right now I am working on an average of five video with that massive 3x3. It will not be relevant to any WCA enthusiast, but I plan on it being entertaining. That is my point, I want to entertain above all else. And I think it would cheapen an unboxing to skip past 4 different things in order to get at the puzzle that will draw the most attention.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Let me start off by saying that I appreciate everything you are saying. You are someone that makes me consider what I am doing and thinking in a respectful way. And people like you, with a cool head and well thought out opinions, are why I love debating.

I agree that giving the V2 its own video would have been advantageous for this forum. And I also agree that the difference in interest is very staggering when it comes to the speedsolvers. But I don't want to limit myself to a strictly speedsolving channel. Although it is my main hobby and I am trying and trying to get faster, I really enjoy puzzles for the fun and challenging aspects that they bring to the table. So there may be some non-speedsolving material mixed in with all of my other material that I plan on uploading. Like right now I am working on an average of five video with that massive 3x3. It will not be relevant to any WCA enthusiast, but I plan on it being entertaining. That is my point, I want to entertain above all else. And I think it would cheapen an unboxing to skip past 4 different things in order to get at the puzzle that will draw the most attention.

I get what you're saying, and that's fine, but it means you'll get some negative feedback from mean speed solvers like Ben ;) I think your channel is coming along nicely, and it will continue to grow with videos like this. Good luck!

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I get what you're saying, and that's fine, but it means you'll get some negative feedback from mean speed solvers like Ben ;) I think your channel is coming along nicely, and it will continue to grow with videos like this. Good luck!

I am prepared for that I think haha. And thank you, I am happy with how it is going.

I enjoyed the video. You can't please everyone.

Thank you. And even if you could please everyone, how boring would that be? lol

tpt8899

I think what you did in the unboxing is great... I actually very much appreciated that you showed the unboxing of the giant cube as well, instead of just cutting. Just look at other famous youtube cubers when they get packages with multiple cubes. They show them as well!

I think that the title should've been titled slightly differently. Like maybe in the end put in "and a bonus giant cube" or something like that...