• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MoYu Aolong V2

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
God, they acted fast...

In response to the 5.33 DNF, they've gone back to the Aolong and apparently fixed the corner twist problem (or reduced it anyway).

Here's a link to the thread. I cannot speak Chinese, and Google Translate only helped a little, so I have no idea when it's coming out, or why everyone keeps saying "seeking in the front row". If anyone can clarify, that would be nice.

Future Cuber

Great ....Another cube.....
When i thought of getting a weilong v2, the aolong released
and now stuck with my first decision(v2) there.... another cube
:eek:

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
After tightening mine I barely get corners twists anymore. I did get one this past weekend but it was my first in weeks.

Can anyone tell what the difference is here? They might have widened the base of the corners a bit, but I'm not sure.

brian724080

OP: "seeking in the front row" is just a bad translation that is equivalent to stuff like "first" on Youtube (read: completely pointless).

Apparently it can corner cut 45-60 degrees and reverse cut 35-40 degrees, and that sounds incredible. They claim that they can use the same design up to 17x17, and I would love to see them come out with that (what that really means is that I want to see them come out with a 5x5).

YouTube
Visit Channel
And here I got mine some days back. Frankly speaking, mine is on a bit tighter tensions and it can still cut 45' and I dont get corner twists. I have done more than 1000 solves and the only corner twist I got was the out of the box one. Without tensioning and loose tensions. After tensioning, I dont get any corner twists. Probably wont be getting this if they are just improving corner cutting and nothing more!

Tempus

I don't specifically recall ever getting a corner twist with my AoLong, but oddly enough I did have a pop where one edge piece shot across the room during a hand scramble. I thought these things weren't supposed to pop.... (It was on default tensions.)

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't specifically recall ever getting a corner twist with my AoLong, but oddly enough I did have a pop where one edge piece shot across the room during a hand scramble. I thought these things weren't supposed to pop.... (It was on default tensions.)

I've had this, I don't know why it flies but I have had a couple pops on loose tensions. Mine were also while scrambling, presumably because we turn less accurately when scrambling.

Makarov

I still haven't broken in the v1 mini aolong yet :p I actually get more corner twists on the mini weilong. But I'm curious if this will new version will change the feel of the cube or if it will be very minor.

My Aolong hasn't even arrived from china yet and it will be time to order a Aolong V2. Can't say I'm unhappy about it though. It gives me something to look forward to in the mail.

Given how loose many of the speed cubers have their cubes it is amazing that they don't just fall apart.
Looking forward to the 5x5 as well although I may just pick up an shenshou to play with. Speed and 5x5 are a far way away.
I wish the chinese would use english translations for the cube names... When I use google translate for the chinese sites and see Demon, Veyron, etc the cube names are much cooler than the untranslated chinese.

Last edited:

plusCubed

WCA
2013CIAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll edit this post with a more thorough translation later, as I am not at home. Roughly:

Moyu made 1000 [Correction:2000;1000 white, 1000 black] AoLong v1s decided to stop production due to space in between pieces. They wanted this to be their flagship product, so they couldn't accept that. They went back to the drawing board and fixed corner twisting and a few other issues (including minor "vibrations"). As with all moyu announcement threads, they do a giveaway, so a translation of the people saying ""seeking the front row" is "Front row (one of the first)! Please let me win!"

Last edited: