• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Australian Nationals 2014 in Sydney!

keefdcuber

I'm thinking about going, not that I'll be very competitive. What's the time cut off for megaminx and where would the best accommodation be?

Keith ;)

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm thinking about going, not that I'll be very competitive. What's the time cut off for megaminx and where would the best accommodation be?

Keith ;)

Hi Keith,

We haven't even begun thinking about scheduling yet, as we tend to do it based on how many people register. The cutoff for megaminx will likely be around 3 minutes.

I don't think we will organise anything special for accommodation as there aren't going to be a huge amount of people travelling, and many will sort out their own accommodation anyway. In short, you're on your own. You could try asking Sydney cubers if you could stay with them (which is the favoured option for many people) or else hostels are a cheap option. Another possibility is to try and get together a group of travelling cubers and organise accommodation together somewhere. I did this for a group of people last year for ausnats in Canberra.