• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ABHC - 3 day UK competition

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I am pleased to be announcing the UK's 1st 3 day competition.

Click to register

It will be held over the bank holiday weekend at the end of August. 23rd - 25th.

3x3, 2x2 and pyra are being held on the Monday.

All events will be held, with 3 FMC attempts and 2 of MBLD.

Schedule

The venue is the same as WGC. The Collingwood suite at Gosling Sports Park, near Hatfield.

There is a Premier Inn that you can throw a cube to from the venue and a petrol station across the road.
The Collingwood suite will have a bar open for beverages and snacks from 2pm til 7pm each day.

The registration fee is £15 to be prepaid by paypal, check or cash if no alternative is available to you.
The competitor limit is 100.

Last edited:

LucidCuber

WCA
2006AUST01
I was a bit concerned with the 3 day comp, but seeing as it's bank holiday it isn't an issue.

Is this the first comp you've organised? Look forward to it anyway.

LucidCuber

WCA
2006AUST01
Yes. Billy is leading me through the process so you're in good hands.

I might have a crack at organising my first comp later in the year, maybe an Oxford Autumn.

This is quite close to euros, so I will probably only be there sunday/monday. The venue was one of the best I've been to though

scottishcuber

WCA
2013MAHM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am pleased to be announcing the UK's 1st 3 day competition.

The registration fee will be £15 to be pre paid by paypal, check or cash if no alternative is available to you.
The competitor limit will start at 80 but may increase if interest is high enough.

Awesome. I really hope this advanced payment thing works out as well; I hate hearing about making losses when people like Billy put so much effort into WGC last time.

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My dad requests better wifi.

Given the issues we had last time we probably won't give out the WiFi publicly. If someone requests it for a legitimate reason, i.e. for work (Which may apply to your dad) then we will give it out.

Awesome. I really hope this advanced payment thing works out as well; I hate hearing about making losses when people like Billy put so much effort into WGC last time.

Yeah it's getting a bit ridiculous. Hopefully this will either encourage people to come given that they've already paid, or not sign up until they are certain they can come.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
You always say this, it's during summer, get yourself over man! It's just as far for me :)
I always say it because it's always too far :p Also I don't know whether going to competitions is really worth it... I don't talk much (i.e. I usually avoid conversations), so I just go there, solve and maybe talk to one person, and leave. I'm completely different on the forums to in real life. I'm sure everybody remembers having conversations with me at Guildford... owait I barely spoke to anybody.
E: oh and I just found out we have some people coming to stay over the summer holidays for three days. Guess which three days.

Last edited:

BillyRain

Premium Member
WCA
2012JEFF01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Thank you Sameer.

Given the issues we had last time we probably won't give out the WiFi publicly. If someone requests it for a legitimate reason, i.e. for work (Which may apply to your dad) then we will give it out.

EDIT: WIFI will be available to all. I am bringing equipment from work to bypass the venues crappy router and create a stable connection. The issue is not with the bandwidth in the collingwood.. but with an old unreliable router.

NevinsCPH

WCA
2010CHAN20
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is interesting, hopefully venue won't be too hot.
I won't have a pint before 5bld.
Does mean of 10points in MBLD exists?*heavy breathing*
Since forever we have unofficial events like head to head, team/teambld, organisers you know what I mean.