• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Indiana 2014

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
Goals: don't get averages that are significantly worse than what I have already (haven't really cubed in 2 months and got a lot slower in everything)

2x2: sub 4.5 avg (usually get sub 4 at home)
3x3: sub 14 avg (usually get sub 13 at home)
4x4: sub 1 avg
6x6: sub 4 mins? hopefully? haven't really done 6x6 in at least 6 months
pyra: sub 10 avg
skoob: sub 9 avg
clock: sub 13? haven't even touched a clock in 3 months

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
The competition has clearly gotten too big for the venue. I am looking for a possible new venue for next year, so that we don't have these space issues. The date may be different as a result, but I think we need to move.

For this year, I have decided that we will have to have purely auditorium seating in the main room - there simply isn't room for any tables in the spectator area. So there will be no need to rush the room to try to get one of the tables - there won't be any. Sorry about this!

The stage area will still have tables, but that area will be reserved exclusively for competitors until after lunch. At first, it will be used for fewest moves, and after that is done, it will be used for 4x4x4 BLD and 5x5x5 BLD. After lunch, the space will be available for competitors/spectators to use until about 4:00, whereupon we will need the space again to prepare for awards.

I would like to ask everyone again to help out as much as you can with the space issue this year. If you have family or friends attending with you, please have them wait outside the competition room except when they are actively watching you compete. They can spend time in the library, or in the hall outside the room. We need to make sure we have enough room for the competitors.

If you are not doing Fewest Moves, you can come for registration as late as 10:00 if you like. We'll keep registration open until 10:30, and if you spread out your arrival, perhaps the line won't be quite as long. If you are competing in Fewest Moves, please arrive early - we intend to start Fewest Moves promptly at 9:30. People doing Fewest Moves should feel free to skip to the front of the line at registration, and when you enter the room, please proceed to the stage area.

When you enter the room, please try to keep the noise level down until Fewest Moves is finished.

I have rearranged the schedule slightly, moving 4x4x4 and 6x6x6 to be right after lunch - I believe that change will help a bit to keep us on schedule. I have also added a second round of 2x2x2, although it may be a very small number of competitors.

Thanks for the interest - it should be a fun (but crowded) competition!

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
NOTE: I am only bringing the stuff that people reserve ahead of time, I won't bring any of them if I don't need to.

Selling/Trading: Bring exact change if possible

misc:
(2) $3 Pink cube boxes (fits 57mm cubes)
(2) $20 giant 100ml maru lube (obviously brand new never opened)
(2) $5 mini maru lube (brand new with no label on the bottle, will be almost completely full)
(6) $2 black blindfolds (brand new, never used)
(4) $2 blue pycube cube bag (fits up to a SS 5x5, 13cm x 15 cm or 5 in x 6 in)

cubes: not brand new = lubed with 50k traxxas and sometimes a few drops of maru. Most cubes were only used for a few months (the used skewb was only used for ~4 months and 4x4 was only used for ~6 months)
(2) $7 or $10 black Lan Lan skewb - there's a brand new one ($7) and a broken in one ($10), none of them are modded but if you tell me early enough and I have enough time, I can florian mod/lube/tension for an extra $3 (will be using super fine sandpaper)
(1) $20 yellow x cube 7 (original packaging available if you want, only did about 20 solves on it, fully lubed/tensioned, comes with a set of replacement stickers)
(1) $7 black SS 4x4 v5 (fully broken in, tensioned, and lubed)
(1) $5 black YJ Sulong (fully broken in, tensioned, and lubed)

On another note, I'm looking for a black shengshou skewb and a black shengen F2

I'm leaving Friday morning so I'm only bringing the things people reserve before Friday.