• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Indiana 2014

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Indiana 2014 competition will be held in Fishers, Indiana on August 23, 2014.

http://koii.cubingusa.com/Indiana2014/

11 of the 18 events in one day this year. Same venue as the last few years.

FAQ:
1. Why so few(!) events this year?
Because the library wasn't able to let us run quite as long this year as last year. Awards should be done by 5:30 this year, and we need to be out of the room by 6:00.
2. Why no 5x5x5, 7x7x7, 3x3x3 multiBLD, Megaminx, Square-1, 3x3x3 OH, or 3x3x3 with feet?
We did all of those last year, and it's my policy to make sure that all official events are held at Indiana at least once every two years. And there's simply not enough time for everything. Selecting these particular events to cut allowed me to maximize the number of events while still following my once-every-two-years rule. I'll make sure I include all of them next year.
3. Why so soon after Nationals?
It was one of the few dates I could get this year at the venue for the whole day, and last year at this time, despite being right after WC, it was still very popular. So I hope people can attend again this year.

(I'll add to these as I get questions.)

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
*gasp* This could be my first comp. But then again, I've been saying that since Indiana 2011, so...

Shame that 5x5 and 3x3 OH aren't being held, but hey, there's always next year!

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
1 round 2x2

I am somewhat hopeful we will manage a second round of 2x2x2. It's my top priority to add if there is extra time.

Hopefully we can know and make a decision by a little after lunch. Going quickly through 3x3x3 would allow us to get ahead with judges on the following rounds, and if we can get ahead, we should be able to stay ahead.

Last edited:

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
NOTE: I am only bringing the stuff that people reserve ahead of time, I won't bring any of them if I don't need to.

Selling/Trading: Bring exact change if possible

misc:
(2) $3 Pink cube boxes (fits 57mm cubes)
(2) $20 giant 100ml maru lube (obviously brand new never opened)
(2) $5 mini maru lube (brand new with no label on the bottle, will be almost completely full)
(6) $2 black blindfolds (brand new, never used)
(4) $2 blue pycube cube bag (fits up to a SS 5x5, 13cm x 15 cm or 5 in x 6 in)

cubes: not brand new = lubed with 50k traxxas and sometimes a few drops of maru. Most cubes were only used for a few months (the used skewb was only used for ~4 months and 4x4 was only used for ~6 months)
(2) $7 or $10 black Lan Lan skewb - there's a brand new one ($7) and a broken in one ($10), none of them are modded but if you tell me early enough and I have enough time, I can florian mod/lube/tension for an extra $3 (will be using super fine sandpaper)
(1) $20 yellow x cube 7 (original packaging available if you want, only did about 20 solves on it, fully lubed/tensioned, comes with a set of replacement stickers)
(1) $7 black SS 4x4 v5 (fully broken in, tensioned, and lubed)
(1) $5 black YJ Sulong (fully broken in, tensioned, and lubed)

On another note, I'm looking for a black shengshou skewb and a black shengen F2

Last edited:
WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi while your at the Fishers, In Library during the comp I would like you all to stop by and try out my Nightmare Bandage Cube. I'm having it out for people to try and help promote my mod service website. http://mikeni.startlogic.com/ I also have a stack of papers that is for advertising my website don't forget to pick one up at the comp to give to friends or to help you be reminded of my website if you want me to mod one of your cubes. I would also like everyone to sign my Speedstack mat. BTW I would not be able to mod your cubes at the comp unless you want me to make a Nightmare Bandage cube for you.

Last edited:
Hi while your at the Fishers, In Library during the comp I would like you all to stop by and try out my Nightmare Bandage Cube. I'm having it out for people to try and help promote my mod service website. http://mikeni.startlogic.com/ I also have a stack of papers that is for advertising my website don't forget to pick one up at the comp to give to friends or to help you be reminded of my website if you want me to mod one of your cubes. I would also like everyone to sign my Speedstack mat. BTW I would not be able to mod your cubes at the comp unless you want me to make a Nightmare Bandage cube for you.
How long would a pyraminx mod take from the time you get the pyraminx to the time it's back here.