• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stickerless Cubes Petition

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree that stickerless cubes should be allowed, but:

Now many people may argue that you can see the color of a particular piece when its turned 45 degrees. In my opinion, this doesn't actually help you that much
It does help. It allows you to see what's on the B face without rotating.
It will literally take 0.01 seconds to slightly rotate the cube to see the color of the piece.
No, it takes a lot longer than that.

You could also say that, because it's very hard to see what colour is on B when turning quickly, stickerless cubes are like slow people purposely getting +2s in feet because they can't do a turn in 2 seconds. People are taking advantage of the regulations, but if you're turning slow enough for it to give you an advantage, it probably isn't worth preventing you doing it/using them. They can give you an advantage, but I think that with stickerless cubes, this 'advantage' doesn't really make much difference.

mycube

WCA
2011FRES01
have you heard about the "anything goes" proposal? As soon there are some really good formulations for the proposal also stickerless cubes will be allowed. Would help much more than a petition.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
have you heard about the "anything goes" proposal? As soon there are some really good formulations for the proposal also stickerless cubes will be allowed. Would help much more than a petition.

I wouldn't say it like this, exactly. If we have well-written regulations that have been thought out to a degree such that delegates believe there aren't any open doors for any strange puzzles we did not forsee making legal, and if delegates agree that such proposals reflect what we want in puzzle regulations, then we will allow stickerless cubes. But that's a long process to get through first, and I wouldn't be sold on them being legal for 2015. It's definitely a possibility, but work must be done first.

If anyone would like to be a part of that, collecting unbiased community support and reasoning for allowing certain types of puzzles is good, ideas as to how we can implement them are the best. We know that the community as a whole wants stickerless cubes, so just signing a petition like this is pretty meaningless.

D

Deleted member 19792

I
facepalm.gif
at this post quite a bit. We don't really need stickerless cubes. Advantage or not, quit the argument. It most likely won't happen in the time being.

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The WCA Board and the WRC already know that a large portion of the community want stickerless cubes to be legal. Interest isn't an issue, which is pretty much all this petition would assert.

You might be interested in reading this post.

Last edited: