• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Official] 10.73 failaverage (Jacob Hutnyk)

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Your timer starts are definitely not legal, the unfortunate thing is lots of delegates won't see this sort of stuff, just because there are loads of competitors, especially at this comp there were >100, and only 1 or 2 delegates.
First check out regulation A4b.
Secondly check out Sameer starts solves, perfection.
Alternatively Breandan's way is also perfectly legal, but on the borderline, only his fingers are touching the sensors when he starts.

OT: First and last solve just went all wrong didn't they!

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way
I don't see a problem with the time starting. His fingers are touching the timer on every start, barely but they are and that is all the rule states. Seems like pointless nitpicking

You seemed more shaky than your home videos Jacob. Looked a little nervous. Good job though.

Last edited:

dbax0999

WCA
2009ADAM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You really walked yourself into this average by predicting that you were gonna mess up the last solve. You only need to believe if you wish to achieve.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I don't see a problem with the time starting. His fingers are touching the timer on every start, barely but they are and that is all the rule states. Seems like pointless nitpicking

Whilst an advantage was probably hardly obtained/not obtained, you have to enforce any rule breaks (well not enforce but comment on in this case).

If you don't, a competitor may start TERRIBLY and cite videos (such as this) as inconsistencies with timer starts.

Bad luck with the average, but definitely improve your timer starts.

yoshinator

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Your timer starts are definitely not legal, the unfortunate thing is lots of delegates won't see this sort of stuff, just because there are loads of competitors, especially at this comp there were >100, and only 1 or 2 delegates.
Alternatively Breandan's way is also perfectly legal, but on the borderline, only his fingers are touching the sensors when he starts.

I was actually thinking the same thing when I first watched the solves... gotta buy a stackmat in order to practice >.<

You seemed more shaky than your home videos Jacob. Looked a little nervous. Good job though.

Yeah, I wasn't really that nervous for any of the solves other than the last one...

You really walked yourself into this average by predicting that you were gonna mess up the last solve. You only need to believe if you wish to achieve.

That's true, but it was that mindset that (imo) led me to get such solid times on solves 2-4... Gotta figure out how to recreate that without failing the last solve.

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel

I agree with you, if I judge a person doing that I give them a warning and after that... in theory I would begin +2'ing them, but my process never made it that far.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I agree with you, if I judge a person doing that I give them a warning and after that... in theory I would begin +2'ing them, but my process never made it that far.

Yep, especially with slower competitors, I assume it's their first comp and be lenient on their first 2 solves, (warning both times) and after that I start +2ing.

I have actually given out +2s due to it, funnily enough they ignore the first 2 warnings, the second I +2 them they stop.