• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PLLs used by Mats Valk

YouTube
Visit Channel
If anyone wants the Plls used by Mats Valk, here are those plls.
Timestamps are in the description of the video if you want to watch a specific alg!
Skip to 0:40 as I ramble for a bit in the begining!

Any feedback is appreciated!
Criticism is appreciated as long as it is constructive!
And also, your though on this video/plls or the thumbnail!

Thanks You for Reading/ Watching

Regards,
CriticalCubing

Last edited by a moderator:

notfeliks

Cool, but was it really that helpful to make a video of PLLs that, for the most part, are widely known and used by a lot of cubers? I would think that if you were going to make something like this, how he fingertricks the algs would make for a much more interesting video.

Edit: Dene did it better.

Last edited:

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
HANG ON, ARE YOU FOR REAL, THESE ARE THE PLLS BY MATS VALK? | THE PLLS BY MATS VALK ARE DISPLAYED IN THIS VIDEO FOR REAL?

brian724080

Wasn't really helpful to make a video on algorithms that everyone in the advanced speedsolving community knows...finger-tricks may help though, but that means you have to execute it just like him

Edit: ninja'd

And yea, what Dene said too

brian724080

I agree, although I don't know that V perm. I use R' U' R' U R D' R' (D+regrip) R' [U D'] R2 U' R2' D R2.

I actually started with the one you use, but I find the one in the video better.

Also, I find that doing U' y is better than d'

brian724080

You asked us not to dislike the video then removed the option to, this is a dictatorship.

After browsing his channel, I think he does that for all of his videos that he knows will not be embraced by the speedsolving community.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Wasn't really helpful to make a video on algorithms that everyone in the advanced speedsolving community knows...finger-tricks may help though, but that means you have to execute it just like him

Edit: ninja'd

And yea, what Dene said too
HANG ON, ARE YOU FOR REAL, THESE ARE THE PLLS BY MATS VALK? | THE PLLS BY MATS VALK ARE DISPLAYED IN THIS VIDEO FOR REAL?

These are the PLL used by Mats himself. I saw through some of his walkthrough videos to verify some plls and yup, he uses these :)

You asked us not to dislike the video then removed the option to, this is a dictatorship.
I do that because dislike demotivate me and I have a passion for making videos. I make a video, write script, record in more in 1 take, editing, thumbnails, logos etc. There is so much work done and then when I see a dislike I am like there is no use doing this and most dislikes come after I create a thread for it, later on there are some likes but seeing dislikes first is not good for me so I disable them! I might enable them again but who knows, if I get dislikes, I will disable them again :) This is to keep myself safe from haters and continue doing what my passion is :) :D

After browsing his channel, I think he does that for all of his videos that he knows will not be embraced by the speedsolving community.
Read above please! and thanks for browsing through my channel :)

Doesn't work...

That V perm is R U R' U ' y R' F' R2 U' R' U R' F R F
I used that but the regrip is slow so I changed to the one used by Mats :)

brian724080

That V perm is R U R' U ' y R' F' R2 U' R' U R' F R F
I used that but the regrip is slow so I changed to the one used by Mats :)

He's talking about the one TDM posted, that one you posted is just the one in the video. Personally, I don't really like doing Dw', especially for big cubes (obviously). Nonetheless, my execution is still pretty slow...

YouTube
Visit Channel
He's talking about the one TDM posted, that one you posted is just the one in the video. Personally, I don't really like doing Dw', especially for big cubes (obviously). Nonetheless, my execution is still pretty slow...

In video instead of doing a regrip and then doing it, a small d makes it helpful to do it!
d = U' + hidden y rotation :)

YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited: