• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Alex Lau 3x3 ER - 7.52

Coolster01

WCA
2011SBAH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really can say that cameras add a crap ton of pressure. I literally went ONE one hand solve in comp without recording... comp pb single. -___-

Was shaking like a mad man at feet at toledo - likely because I was being recorded pretty close up.

As for my WR... theres not much to think about in 1.69 seconds xD

gogozerg

WCA
2004ROUX01
Another record?

Not that better than your previous record, but you keep proving it was not just a matter of luck.
I never thought you could be that fast.

Gillles.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was just about sub 20 when I switched. I switched because I saw potential in the method- I saw that there was more room to be efficient and stuff.

Ah, I gotcha. That must have been a frustrating period trying to catch your Roux skills up to your CFOP. I think my perspective is kind of weird since I never did any F2L stuff (other than intuitively figuring out some F2L tricks when I was doing beginner's method). I think at some point, maybe I should spend some time learning about it down the road? I think more styles is probably not a bad thing to have under the belt.

Last edited:

GG

WCA
2013KELL01
Ah, I gotcha. That must have been a frustrating period trying to catch your Roux skills up to your CFOP. I think my perspective is kind of weird since I never did any F2L stuff (other than intuitively figuring out some F2L tricks when I was doing beginner's method). I think at some point. Maybe I should spend some time learning about it down the road? I think more styles is probably not a bad thing to have under the belt.

Stick with roux it's got way more potential.

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Stick with roux it's got way more potential.

Somethings only got "potential" if it hasn't been tried.
I'm starting to feel there must be faster methods out there...

Also if you're gonna switch to Roux don't ever use CFOP again until you get back down to your CFOP speed. Otherwise you'll give up.