• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What's the fastest method for 3x3?

Kyky20024

I'm looking for the fastest method I can use; I'm a 1 minute solver with beginner, 55 second with fridrich (but I still can't memorize 2-look OLL and 2-look PLL) and I'm trying to learn but failing ZZ since it's so complicated. I also wanted to learn Roux but I've seen threads where they compare fridrich and roux and roux is much slower.

Can anyone tell me the real fastest way to solve 3x3? I'm a speedcuber and trying to get past my record of 55! In fridrich, I'm slow at the F2L part because I can't find the edge piece…
Thanks.

szalejot

WCA
2015HERM01
If you are 55 sec Fridrich, than you have lot to learn.
You can be sub20 with Fridrich and 2 look OLL.

If you can't find edge piece practice it. A lot.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm looking for the fastest method I can use; I'm a 1 minute solver with beginner, 55 second with fridrich (but I still can't memorize 2-look OLL and 2-look PLL) and I'm trying to learn but failing ZZ since it's so complicated. I also wanted to learn Roux but I've seen threads where they compare fridrich and roux and roux is much slower.

Can anyone tell me the real fastest way to solve 3x3? I'm a speedcuber and trying to get past my record of 55! In fridrich, I'm slow at the F2L part because I can't find the edge piece…
Thanks.

http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/s...ner-s-Guide-to-Choosing-a-Speedsolving-Method

You gotta make your own choice based on that. Look at the Pros and Cons and carefully decide. Also, the 3rd fastest cuber in the world is a Rouxer, so don't dismiss it so easily. :p

If there was a universal "fastest method", every speed cuber would be using it, so obviously there are multiple viable speed cubing methods.

mDiPalma

Yeah if you want to get fast, learn zeroing and CLL.

The only other way to get good times is to use Heise method (~25 moves * 5 tps = ~5 sec average of 100).

Divineskulls

WCA
2011RECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ignore Divineskulls and mDiPalma.

CFOP and Roux are currently the fastest methods for 2 handed.

Don't ignore a funny April Fools joke.

Also, hasn't it been established that methods don't have speeds and one shouldn't be limited to learning just the "good" methods?
Learn a lot of them, then pick your favorite, or the one you think suits you.
So you forgot ZZ, Petrus, Waterman, Heise, Triangular Francisco,...

mDiPalma

Nah. They do.

Not true bro. You can't time methods.

I left my cube like this for the past 14 hours, and it's still not freaking solved.

Because there is no progress towards the solved state in 14 hours, the speed is zero. Because the speed is zero, we can say that there is no speed. (If Celine has 0 apples, she has no apples, and she doesn't have apples.). Therefore, methods don't have speeds, and Divineskulls is correct in his statement.

Get dunked.

#OfficiallyRejectedTheNullHypothesisAt100%ConfidenceLevelThatMethodsHaveSpeeds

Last edited:

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not true bro. You can't time methods.

I left my cube like this for the past 14 hours, and it's still not freaking solved.

Because there is no progress towards the solved state in 14 hours, the speed is zero. Because the speed is zero, we can say that there is no speed. (If Celine has 0 apples, she has no apples, and she doesn't have apples.). Therefore, methods don't have speeds, and Divineskulls is correct in his statement.

Get dunked.

#OfficiallyRejectedTheNullHypothesisAt100%ConfidenceLevelThatMethodsHaveSpeeds

Well you proved Stefan wrong. It's not the method it's the cuber. If a cuber using beginners method can't reach the ~15 tps necessary to avg sub-6, it's their problem. Same if a petrus user can't get the constant 7-8 tps.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
If a cuber using beginners method can't reach the ~15 tps necessary to avg sub-6, it's their problem.
You're very efficient with the beginner's method. I can't even average 75 moves with 4lLL (I just got 81 moves with an E slice edge skip and an EPLL skip).

I think that what this is showing is that there is a method that is better for getting faster times than others. This is obvious in some cases (e.g. LBL vs CFOP), but I think that the difference between methods such as Roux, ZZ and CFOP is so small that it doesn't make that much of a difference at all to people using them. It's very unlikely that two methods both have exactly the same potential; for example try to draw two straight lines with the same length. You can use a ruler if you want. You can get them to be almost exactly the same length, but it's practically impossible to draw them as the same length. But the difference is so small that it doesn't matter: I think that it is obvious that one method is better, but it's not that much better and we can't say which method it is because of the tiny difference.

JKNK

WCA
2014KUMA11
YouTube
Visit Channel

ill have the first video up soon. It MAY help you decide which method is fastest. Also, decide which method is fastest for u, i suck at block building and cannot put edges and pairs in, so i choose CFOP instead of zz and roux.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blurry

ill have the first video up soon. It MAY help you decide which method is fastest. Also, decide which method is fastest for u, i suck at block building and cannot put edges and pairs in, so i choose CFOP instead of zz and roux.

Wow. Nice video, Maybe elaborate on how it is learned and progressed on, and how CFOP has so many cases to learn etc.

Last edited by a moderator: