• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New MoYu 5x5x5

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

CiaranBeahan

WCA
2012BEAH01
Preorder is up on thecubicle for $33... of course, higher price is expected in US shops, but this might give a few cubicle loyalists pause. Not me, tho... I want those free stickers!

http://thecubicle.us/moyu-aochuang-order-p-3420.html?osCsid=7606d087799f8006aa006b79129626b9

Edit: Expected to ship Sept 12th... but you'd still probably get it quicker form here than from cubezz

Finally this thing is coming out! After I hear the reviews on it I'll see If I'll get it, but soooooo excited!

Maccoboy

That sounds so shady

It does sound like that but it's actually fine, i've used them many times and so have many others, the only reason they don't loist them on their site is because of copyright issues with vcubes :/

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well I was going to buy $17 worth of stuff from the cubicle to make my SS awesome, plus $10 for the cube I already have, so 27 vs 33? $6 isn't worth the time I'll spend modding it, so moyu it is.

It does sound like that but it's actually fine, i've used them many times and so have many others, the only reason they don't loist them on their site is because of copyright issues with vcubes :/

And yet Vcube wonders why they have no business... Jeez why doesn't that rich Greek guy get over himself and stop suing everything he sees. The mechanisms are distinctively different, the only similarity is the order of the puzzle. Plus Vcubes are pillowed, SSs aren't. It's like canon suing nikon for having a sensor with the same amount of megapixels.

Last edited:
WCA
2012TOWE01
Well I was going to buy $17 worth of stuff from the cubicle to make my SS awesome, plus $10 for the cube I already have, so 27 vs 33? $6 isn't worth the time I'll spend modding it, so moyu it is.

And yet Vcube wonders why they have no business... Jeez why doesn't that rich Greek guy get over himself and stop suing everything he sees. The mechanisms are distinctively different, the only similarity is the order of the puzzle. Plus Vcubes are pillowed, SSs aren't. It's like canon suing nikon for having a sensor with the same amount of megapixels.

While I have a strong dislike for v-cubes: their puzzles are outdated and they charge ridiculous fees with no intention of improving the design, this mechanism does infringe the v-cube 5 patent. Fortunately because of the locations of many of the stores, this isn't an issue in other countries.

Plus, the V-5 is not pillowed. External appearance does not matter as it is the mechanism that has been patented.

ryanj92

WCA
2012JONE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm torn between pre-ordering from thecubicle or waiting to see what sort of shipping asian stores can offer. And now thanks to Adam im scared of import tax from the US :/
Damn, forgot about that.
I may well just wait to see if KongShou gets any in for UKCubestore, may take a while but at least I know the shipping is good...

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm torn between:

Waiting to see if it's good to decide on whether to buy it

Preordering that bad boy and making a review on YouTube so it'll go viral.

I think we can all see which one I'm leaning towards.

cubezz for me... I should probably see if it's any good first but I usually have my order in transit before the youtubers start.

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
Edit: Expected to ship Sept 12th... but you'd still probably get it quicker form here than from cubezz

I guess September 12th is the expected shipping date to the US, and that for Europe it will take longer ?

I have a comp on Sept 13th-14th and I was hoping to get my cube before, but if it's not possible anyway I think I'll wait to see the prices on other sites.