• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New MoYu 5x5x5

D

Deleted member 19792

Nope! No release date yet! THE SPECULATION STILL SURVIVES!

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ugh and I was just about to mod and resticker my SS, now I'll wait a few weeks and see if they actually release this.

Do you guys think this is going to be better than/on par with/worse than the SS? Only reason why I'm asking is because the Aofu was just not that great. And for some reason it reminded me of some sort of bland substance

WCA
2014KAEM01
The Aosu was so much better than Shengshou, I think it's a fair bet that the cube only one order higher will also be much better than Shengshou. For a start, look at the pre-Florian modded design, all the way through. That bodes well for corner cutting and smoothness overall.

WCA
2012TOWE01
Ugh and I was just about to mod and resticker my SS, now I'll wait a few weeks and see if they actually release this.

Do you guys think this is going to be better than/on par with/worse than the SS? Only reason why I'm asking is because the Aofu was just not that great. And for some reason it reminded me of some sort of bland substance

IMO the aofu is only "not great" because of the pillowedness. It moves much better than the shengshou mini and pops less. If it was cubic it would have been the superior cube, I have high expectations for this cube but I'm not expecting it to be perfect out the box seeing as my shengshou has about 5-10k solves on it

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I'm seeing the delay as a good thing. I hope they weren't content putting an inferior product onto the market and now it is ready.

I'm looking forward to actually practicing 5x5 and learning Hoya on it.

LeighSC

If the improvement over the shengshou is anywhere near the improvement in quality that the Aosu provided, I'm going to be doing a lot of 5x5 in a week or so.

Also, I predict that world records may drop a bit over the next few months/whenever Feliks' next competition is.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If the improvement over the shengshou is anywhere near the improvement in quality that the Aosu provided, I'm going to be doing a lot of 5x5 in a week or so.

Also, I predict that world records may drop a bit over the next few months/whenever Feliks' next competition is.

If Feliks gets a sub 40 WR 5x5 AVG with the Moyu 5x5 then we all know that it will be a very good cube.