• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Thoughts on Moyu Weilong vs Li Ying?

Weilong vs Li Ying

• Moyu Weilong

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Moyu Li Ying

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

heavenlystar

What are your thoughts on the new Li Ying? Do you think it's completely better than the Weilong and will it replace it?

My current main is the Weilong and would like to see how the Li Ying matches up to it in your opinions

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
The LiYing is nothing like the Weilong. The important comparison is LiYing/HuanYing vs. Weilong. The Liying is basically the HuanYing v2.

I doubt the LiYing will be as popular as the Weilong, or even close.

Makarov

Perspective from a new cuber here. I've been trying new cubes recently and the Weilong is the smoothest & fastest. But I have been wanting a crunchy crispy loud cube which is what Li Ying reviews have said.

I decided to try the Huan Ying and it was terrible. It turned horribly no matter what tension to the point I think I got a defective core or something. It was off amazon so I figure it was a dud, I'll try the Li Ying from cubicle.

Yesterday I got a Dianma, Li Ying and Gans III version 2. Surprised by the Dianma, I really like the feel. The Gans III turned out to be exactly what I wanted in a crunchy cube, so far it's perfect to me. The LiYing felt the worst out of the box, and after tensioning it still either moves slow or locks up. Maybe I'm just bad at setting up a cube but Huan Ying / Li Ying were disappointing to me.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Perspective from a new cuber here. I've been trying new cubes recently and the Weilong is the smoothest & fastest. But I have been wanting a crunchy crispy loud cube which is what Li Ying reviews have said.

I decided to try the Huan Ying and it was terrible. It turned horribly no matter what tension to the point I think I got a defective core or something. It was off amazon so I figure it was a dud, I'll try the Li Ying from cubicle.

Yesterday I got a Dianma, Li Ying and Gans III version 2. Surprised by the Dianma, I really like the feel. The Gans III turned out to be exactly what I wanted in a crunchy cube, so far it's perfect to me. The LiYing felt the worst out of the box, and after tensioning it still either moves slow or locks up. Maybe I'm just bad at setting up a cube but Huan Ying / Li Ying were disappointing to me.
Mine was awful out of the box. Just work with it.

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel

I don't think you're HuanYing is a dud, it tends to feel very cheap and hollow which makes it somewhat challenging to tension. I got mine at worlds and I remember fiddling around with it for a long time in order to actually make it usable for me. I don't hate it but I don't love it either. As for the LiYing, out of the box it's not that great but after tensioning it and lubing it properly, it can become a fantastic cube but that's just my opinion.

Makarov

I don't think you're HuanYing is a dud, it tends to feel very cheap and hollow which makes it somewhat challenging to tension. I got mine at worlds and I remember fiddling around with it for a long time in order to actually make it usable for me. I don't hate it but I don't love it either. As for the LiYing, out of the box it's not that great but after tensioning it and lubing it properly, it can become a fantastic cube but that's just my opinion.

I kind of enjoy cheap & hollow (just ask my ex girlfriends, ba dum pssh), part of why I'm liking the gans 3 - feels like I'm turning air. The Huan Ying I had needed a ton of force to turn even loose tensioned felt like an official Rubik's brand..

I've got the Li Ying feeling good but still way stiffer than the gans, maybe I need to take out the factory lube. Meanwhile the Weilong felt great out of the box.

*update* the li ying is actually feeling great now. Now sure if I just broke it in a little or hit the sweet spot with tensioning but now it's comparable to the weilong.

Last edited:

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel

If you want a crispy loud cube, i have heard that the ShuangRen is.