• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Modding Service

ChickenWrap

YouTube
Visit Channel
I didn't want to be rude when you originally posted this thread, but no one will send anyone cubes when you offer a "full mod" for $10 including shipping. Assuming shipping is free (which it isn't), and minimum wage is $8/hr, we should expect you to do 1-2 hours of work on the cube. So, is this "full mod" really worth the time and money? I doubt it.

Maybe try explaining what the mod is, post pictures, etc.

WCA
2014ASHA01
I didn't want to be rude when you originally posted this thread, but no one will send anyone cubes when you offer a "full mod" for $10 including shipping. Assuming shipping is free (which it isn't), and minimum wage is $8/hr, we should expect you to do 1-2 hours of work on the cube. So, is this "full mod" really worth the time and money? I doubt it.

Maybe try explaining what the mod is, post pictures, etc.

I don't mean to come off as offensive, but are you trying to imply that he isn't going to do a good job or that the mod is too expensive or what? I'm not really understanding what you mean by this comment. Could you elaborate?

ChickenWrap

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't mean to come off as offensive, but are you trying to imply that he isn't going to do a good job or that the mod is too expensive or what? I'm not really understanding what you mean by this comment. Could you elaborate?

All I was saying is that a "full mod" is not a recognized mod, so he should explain what that is in the beginning of the thread rather than making someone have to ask what exactly they would be paying for. I cannot say if $10 is too expensive, in fact I think that Michael wouldn't really be making enough money off of that to make it worthwhile for him. I don't need that mod, but maybe someone else does.

WCA
2014ASHA01
All I was saying is that a "full mod" is not a recognized mod, so he should explain what that is in the beginning of the thread rather than making someone have to ask what exactly they would be paying for. I cannot say if $10 is too expensive, in fact I think that Michael wouldn't really be making enough money off of that to make it worthwhile for him. I don't need that mod, but maybe someone else does.

Oh okay. That makes more sense. Thank you!

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh here is a video of a finished modded SS 5x5 for forum member Eppley12. Oh and the video was uploaded on the 2nd of April.

You still haven't explained why you are modding cubes and shipping them for only $10. Are you trying to make a profit and just dremeling them really quickly in like half an hour? Or are you taking your time and doing it by hand for only about 3 dollars an hour? I guess you could just do it as a hobby, but until you explain why, i don't think that many people will send you their cubes.

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You still haven't explained why you are modding cubes and shipping them for only $10. Are you trying to make a profit and just dremeling them really quickly in like half an hour? Or are you taking your time and doing it by hand for only about 3 dollars an hour? I guess you could just do it as a hobby, but until you explain why, i don't think that many people will send you their cubes.

No this 5x5 took me 7 hour to mod. Ok I feel like I really want to earn some extra money and I have a lot of spare time on my hands.