• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KingEn Timer for speed cubing (Android Ver)

KingEn

Hi,
I made a cube timer for Android and want to get comments.
Any comment will be helpful to me.
The app name is KingEn Timer for speed cubing.

You may install the app by clicking https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kingen.timer or by searching "KingEn Timer" in google play.

KingEn Timer supports:
- Various type of cube scrambles
- Various kinds of display (1/1000 sec, 1/100 sec, 1/10 sec, sec)
- 15 second inspection (You may turn of inspection in session setting)
- 2 second penalty and DNF
- Support session in each cube type.
- Can send solving history to email

Some screen capture
Screenshot_2014-01-18-12-24-17.png
Screenshot_2014-01-18-12-24-26.png
Screenshot_2014-01-18-12-25-33.png
Screenshot_2014-01-18-12-28-51.png

Supporting scrambles
- 2x2x2
- 3x3x3
- 4x4x4
- 5x5x5
- 6x6x6
- 7x7x7
- Pyraminx
- Megaminx
- Square-1
- Square-2
- Rubik's Clock
- Skewb
- Floppy (1x3x3)
- 2x2x3
- 2x2x4
- 2x3x3
- 3x3x3 LU
- 3x3x3 RU
- 3x3x3 CLL
- 3x3x3 ELL
- 3x3x3 F2L
- 3x3x3 OLL
- 3x3x3 PLL
- 3x3x3 3OP etc
- 3x3x3 BLD Single Sticker Cycle

New feature in v2.1
- Support Landscape screen
- Fix bug in square-1 scramble
- Support square-2

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-18-12-21-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-12-21-33.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 60

KingEn

Thank you.
Do you mean R, U, F only? I will do in next version.

Eva

Oh,seems nice. Gonna install it and use it for a couple of days. You'll definitely get some feedback from.
I only have installed it and I like that it don't need more permissions then necessary (internet) and it looks great :).

KingEn

Oh,seems nice. Gonna install it and use it for a couple of days. You'll definitely get some feedback from.
I only have installed it and I like that it don't need more permissions then necessary (internet) and it looks great :).

Thank you for installing.
The internet access is needed to fetch 3x3x3, 3x3x3OH, 4x4x4 race, which is popular locally and updated once a week.
I am considering omit the race. If I delete those race in the next version no any extra permission needed.
Anyway the internet access is used only for fetching those 3 races.

DAoliHVAR

i have this and its probably the best timer out there
and i've tried them all
one thing that bothers me is that i hit the choose cube button when i'm trying to start the timer way to often
also,are the averages avg of 12 without the best and worst solve?

KingEn

i have this and its probably the best timer out there
and i've tried them all
one thing that bothers me is that i hit the choose cube button when i'm trying to start the timer way to often
also,are the averages avg of 12 without the best and worst solve?

Thank you for good evaluation and suggestion.
In the next version, I will include avg of 12.

Eva

I tought internet was necessary,so you understood me wrong.

I like the app very much and it's now my main timer on my mobile phone :D.
I would like to have a feature were if a time is under a certain amount of time it isn't saved.
I'm pressing sometimes double (don't ask why) and that can be very handy :D.

For the rest good job :D.

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
Why should I use this instead of cstimer.net
Not trying to be mean, but people seem to make lots of timers and my only question is "why?"

One of the reasons why people make timers is because they think they can make a better timer for a certain purpose than what's already out there. Or else they just enjoy programming and thought they try to make one themselves and release it. Competition is usually viewed as good because it promotes the best product in the end. Sorry if your question was supposed to be rhetorical.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
One of the reasons why people make timers is because they think they can make a better timer for a certain purpose than what's already out there. Or else they just enjoy programming and thought they try to make one themselves and release it. Competition is usually viewed as good because it promotes the best product in the end. Sorry if your question was supposed to be rhetorical.

No, my question was a serious one. The main timers I've ever used have been CCT then Prisma (yours, for stackmat), qqtimer on computer, and cstimer.net on phone. Making a timer is fine. Whenever I've tried to do anything to do with programming, I've done it out of need, not fun. I hadn't considered programming fun, but if so I apologize.
I just see lots of mediocre timers and was wondering WHY I would bother with this one as it fills no niche that isn't already filled.

My post may come across as cynical, but it was meant to be more constructive.

linusyeong

Can you integrate the accelerometer feature in your next version? Nice layout of the timer but you could add a bit more colors to the wallpaper. Otherwise a very good attempt! :)

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
No, my question was a serious one. The main timers I've ever used have been CCT then Prisma (yours, for stackmat), qqtimer on computer, and cstimer.net on phone. Making a timer is fine. Whenever I've tried to do anything to do with programming, I've done it out of need, not fun. I hadn't considered programming fun, but if so I apologize.
I just see lots of mediocre timers and was wondering WHY I would bother with this one as it fills no niche that isn't already filled.

My post may come across as cynical, but it was meant to be more constructive.

I see your main question now. I doubt anybody has a good reason why you should use this timer over csTimer.

KingEn

Timer looks good,

Request for a ZBLL scrambler?
and a WV and VLS scrambler?

Is it OK to implement ZBLL scrambler in one scrambler? I mean all ZBLL cases in one type.
If it is OK to implement it in one type (no differentiate each cases such as H, Pi, T, etc) I can include ZBLL scrambler in next release.

I am sorry about WV and VLS scrambler. I do not have information about WV and VLS.

DAoliHVAR

the reason why i use this timer on my phone is because i have a cheap android that can't run cstimer very well.
and for android app timers this one is the best.
so i thank king en for making this timer,since it has so many features that other android app timers don't.
nobody is asking you to use it really,if you can and prefer to run cs timer then go ahead and do so,but if somebody makes a new timer it really isn't doing anybody any harm is it?

KingEn

KingEn Timer is updated and implemented suggested features.

You may install the app by clicking https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kingen.timer or by searching "KingEn Timer" in google play.

New feature in v2.2
- New scramble: 3x3x3 ZBLL, 2x2x2 Race
- Show Average time of recent 12 solving in main screen
- 2x2x2 scramble uses R U F only
(I forgot to reset pre-generated scramble. If you update from previous version, you many see R U F only scramble after 50 solving)

KingEn Timer supports:
- Various type of cube scrambles
- Various kinds of display (1/1000 sec, 1/100 sec, 1/10 sec, sec)
- 15 second inspection (You may turn of inspection in session setting)
- 2 second penalty and DNF
- Support session in each cube type.
- Can send solving history to email

Supporting scrambles
- 2x2x2
- 3x3x3
- 4x4x4
- 5x5x5
- 6x6x6
- 7x7x7
- Pyraminx
- Megaminx