• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KingEn Timer for speed cubing (Android Ver)

DAoliHVAR

for the drop to stop
atleast for 3x3
can there be a pause between starting the timer and being able to stop it
a lot of times the timer stops in 0.50 seconds because right after I start the timer the phone shakes and that makes the timer stops.
so atleast for 3x3 can there be a 0.60 second pause?
because nobody is gonna solve the cube that quick anyway

Slicemage

Any chance you could add the ability to sync your solve history / data across multiple devices? I use the timer on both my phone and my tablet and this would be very handy - even something like Dropbox or Google Drive storage / sync would be handy.

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
This is a very nice timer and I really like the charts.

1) I noticed a typo. When the inspection timer is counting down, it says, "Inspcetion" rather than "Inspection".

2) I would like to request an easy method for getting a new scramble without running the timer. I like having generated scrambles for leisurely solving or untimed practice. As it is right now I either have to exit the app entirely, switch to a different cube or delete the time in order to get another scramble.

KingEn

This is a very nice timer and I really like the charts.

1) I noticed a typo. When the inspection timer is counting down, it says, "Inspcetion" rather than "Inspection".

2) I would like to request an easy method for getting a new scramble without running the timer. I like having generated scrambles for leisurely solving or untimed practice. As it is right now I either have to exit the app entirely, switch to a different cube or delete the time in order to get another scramble.

1) Thank you for typo, Next release will fix it in a week.
2) Next scramble (Pass scramble) will be implemented in may next release in a week.

Thank you for finding typo and suggestion.

KingEn

Any chance you could add the ability to sync your solve history / data across multiple devices? I use the timer on both my phone and my tablet and this would be very handy - even something like Dropbox or Google Drive storage / sync would be handy.

Thank you for your suggestion.
It may take times to implement maybe a month or two.

Currently, you may save your record into a file and move the file into other android and load the data. (Time consuming method)

KingEn

for the drop to stop
atleast for 3x3
can there be a pause between starting the timer and being able to stop it
a lot of times the timer stops in 0.50 seconds because right after I start the timer the phone shakes and that makes the timer stops.
so atleast for 3x3 can there be a 0.60 second pause?
because nobody is gonna solve the cube that quick anyway

Thank you for suggestion.
Currently the app wait 500ms not to stop.
I will adjust waiting timer to 1 second.

KingEn

This is shaping up to be a full fledged timer. Your ability to take in constructive criticism is impressive.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but since I am a noob at EO-Lines, I get a lot of DNF (+15 seconds inspection). When I want to modify a DNF with "last score", it tells me "Can NOT modify last score". So If I want to delete this DNF I'll have to enter "Scores" and delete it from there. Just a small thing, really.

Sorry about inefficient UI.
The feature you mentioned will be implement in next release, maybe next week.

KingEn

Feature Request: 2x2x2 CLL or for extra points a way for us to do it ourselves and then submit the algs for review/inclusion.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Android device usually has less memory and less CPU power to implement good algorithms.
I have a small idea to overcome less memory and CPU and will implement one by one. It may take times several months, I will update one by one and upload to Google play.

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A few things I'd like to be added:

-An "add time" option, so I can use a Stackmat to time, then manually enter the time.
-A little time between solving where pressing the screen won't start inspection. I accidentally double tap a lot.
-Random state scrambles, especially on 3x3.

Thanks so much, this is my favorite free timer on Android!

KingEn

A few things I'd like to be added:

-An "add time" option, so I can use a Stackmat to time, then manually enter the time.
-A little time between solving where pressing the screen won't start inspection. I accidentally double tap a lot.
-Random state scrambles, especially on 3x3.

Thanks so much, this is my favorite free timer on Android!

Thank you for the suggestion.
- Manually "add timer" option will be implemented this week (I mean 7 more days) and release soon with other suggestion in this board.
- I do not have any idea to improve touch sensor. If you explain more I will do my best, but I am not sure I can do. Sorry about it.
- Random state scrambles is in my TO-DO list, but it may take time. I think a month or a little more.

Thank you for using KingEn Timer.

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
- I do not have any idea to improve touch sensor. If you explain more I will do my best, but I am not sure I can do. Sorry about it.

Say the timer is running.

With the current settings, double tapping the timer will result in the time stopping, then the next inspection immediately starting.

I would want a time period where you can't start the timer, right after the current time ends. This way, accidentally double tapping the screen won't mean I have to go and delete the time.

KingEn

Say the timer is running.

With the current settings, double tapping the timer will result in the time stopping, then the next inspection immediately starting.

I would want a time period where you can't start the timer, right after the current time ends. This way, accidentally double tapping the screen won't mean I have to go and delete the time.

Thank you for the explaination.
It will be implemented by this weekend.
You may press BACK key to stop the timer currently.

GTG96

This is such a great timer and I've never know an app developer so open to implementing new ideas! Really great.

I've been using it on my phone and works perfectly. Trying to use it on my tablet (Galaxy Note 10.1) and can't get the menu button to work (3 dots top right). Just doesn't seem to do anything so I can't get into settings etc. There is no standard Android menu icon available while using this app. Any help with this would be great as I really want to use the tablet as my main device.

Couple of quick suggestions also:
1. Could we have a graphic of the scramble, i.e. an image of the scrambled cube, to ensure correct scrambling? I wrote a small program for PC's which incorporates a couple of sites including a timer. I was able to get it to look at the scramble presented and to display the cube with that scramble. Then when the actual cube scramble was complete I could quickly compare to make sure no mistakes. Useful for long scrambles or those less experienced who make mistakes.
2. Another app uses the local network to display the timer on any device that can display a web page. It's great when a few of us are having mini competitions as we can watch the time on a tv or monitor and not have to crowd around.
3. (I know this has been mentioned and I think you're going to kindly code it at some stage...) to synchronise across devices would be fantastic, I don't always have my tablet available and don't have time to move the file around regularly. What about having a single file stored on, for example, dropbox which all devices can look at?

These would be great but not essential. The main thing for me is being able to access the menu from my tablet.

Thanks again for such a great app.

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is a fantastic timer and I've been using it for several months. It is the only timer I use on my Samsung Galaxy S3 as it has all of the features that I value most and it is nicely implemented. Great work!

I value seeing the best Ao25, Ao50 and Ao100 during my sessions in addition to the Ao5 and Ao12. The graph is a nice way to quickly review my session and the ability to send session details (text and CSV) as an e-mail is very useful.

I've got a few suggestions for features and enhancements. I'll start with feature requests:

- Histogram so we can see the distribution of our times (e.g. sub-18, 19, 20, 21, etc). Ideally the range should be dynamic.
- On the front screen, I'm not so interested in "best of all" and "average of all" but I would be very interested in seeing current averages (5, 12, 25, 50, 100). Maybe you can have two columns for the current session (best and current - 1, 5, 12, 25, 50, 100)?
- I'd be interested in seeing how many times are counting towards the session average (e.g. 44/50 or 46/50).
- I'd be interested in seeing the fastest and slowest times which count towards the session average (i.e. ignoring the fastest 5% and slowest 5% which have been discarded).

Improvements:

- If you use "last score" and accidentally mark it as DNF there is no way to revert it back to a counting time.
- After using "last score" then "delete" it would be nice to get rid of the number shown on the screen. Perhaps reset it to 0.00 or show the previous time?
- When "ignore inspection time" is enabled there are still references to inspection times on the screen and in the history. My first solve yesterday showed an inspection time of 15025:57.973
- Cosmetic stuff... I'm just being picky but naming of options on the menu. "Score" could be "History" and "Setting" should probably be "Settings".

Mentioned by other people and already acknowledged:

- Random state scrambler... when you have time this would be great!
- After using "last score" to delete a time the "last score" option can't be used again to modify / delete the prior solve.
- "Double tap" at the end of a solve starts the timer again immediately. When I accidentally double-tap, I need to stop the timer and delete the score.

Keep up the good work and thanks for being so open to suggestions!

KingEn

This is such a great timer and I've never know an app developer so open to implementing new ideas! Really great.

I've been using it on my phone and works perfectly. Trying to use it on my tablet (Galaxy Note 10.1) and can't get the menu button to work (3 dots top right). Just doesn't seem to do anything so I can't get into settings etc. There is no standard Android menu icon available while using this app. Any help with this would be great as I really want to use the tablet as my main device.

Couple of quick suggestions also:
1. Could we have a graphic of the scramble, i.e. an image of the scrambled cube, to ensure correct scrambling? I wrote a small program for PC's which incorporates a couple of sites including a timer. I was able to get it to look at the scramble presented and to display the cube with that scramble. Then when the actual cube scramble was complete I could quickly compare to make sure no mistakes. Useful for long scrambles or those less experienced who make mistakes.
2. Another app uses the local network to display the timer on any device that can display a web page. It's great when a few of us are having mini competitions as we can watch the time on a tv or monitor and not have to crowd around.
3. (I know this has been mentioned and I think you're going to kindly code it at some stage...) to synchronise across devices would be fantastic, I don't always have my tablet available and don't have time to move the file around regularly. What about having a single file stored on, for example, dropbox which all devices can look at?

These would be great but not essential. The main thing for me is being able to access the menu from my tablet.

Thanks again for such a great app.

Thank you for your excellent idea and bug report.

I do not know why Galaxy Note 10.1 does not display menu button. I check it with Galaxy Note 8 and it works. I will check it again.

1. Showing scrambled cube color - Maybe next release in one or two weeks.
2. Supporting display (other android or PC) - Maybe in three or four weeks. (It may take more time because I not accustom to javascript.)
3. Synchronizing multiple device. - Maybe next release in one or two weeks.

This week I will release a new version and your suggestion is not included in this week release, sorry.

KingEn

This is a fantastic timer and I've been using it for several months. It is the only timer I use on my Samsung Galaxy S3 as it has all of the features that I value most and it is nicely implemented. Great work!

I value seeing the best Ao25, Ao50 and Ao100 during my sessions in addition to the Ao5 and Ao12. The graph is a nice way to quickly review my session and the ability to send session details (text and CSV) as an e-mail is very useful.

I've got a few suggestions for features and enhancements. I'll start with feature requests:

- Histogram so we can see the distribution of our times (e.g. sub-18, 19, 20, 21, etc). Ideally the range should be dynamic.
- On the front screen, I'm not so interested in "best of all" and "average of all" but I would be very interested in seeing current averages (5, 12, 25, 50, 100). Maybe you can have two columns for the current session (best and current - 1, 5, 12, 25, 50, 100)?
- I'd be interested in seeing how many times are counting towards the session average (e.g. 44/50 or 46/50).
- I'd be interested in seeing the fastest and slowest times which count towards the session average (i.e. ignoring the fastest 5% and slowest 5% which have been discarded).

Improvements:

- If you use "last score" and accidentally mark it as DNF there is no way to revert it back to a counting time.
- After using "last score" then "delete" it would be nice to get rid of the number shown on the screen. Perhaps reset it to 0.00 or show the previous time?
- When "ignore inspection time" is enabled there are still references to inspection times on the screen and in the history. My first solve yesterday showed an inspection time of 15025:57.973
- Cosmetic stuff... I'm just being picky but naming of options on the menu. "Score" could be "History" and "Setting" should probably be "Settings".

Mentioned by other people and already acknowledged:

- Random state scrambler... when you have time this would be great!
- After using "last score" to delete a time the "last score" option can't be used again to modify / delete the prior solve.
- "Double tap" at the end of a solve starts the timer again immediately. When I accidentally double-tap, I need to stop the timer and delete the score.

Keep up the good work and thanks for being so open to suggestions!

Thank you for your suggestions.

- Histogram - maybe in one month
- Two column of statistics - maybe in one month
- How many number of solving history is counted - due to UI, i am not sure to implement in android app.
Current algorithm - low/high excluded number of solving = (number of time) * (Exclude percentage in settings) if the result is below 1, exclude number of solving is 1.
For example, you have 50 solving time and 5% in Settings, (50) * (5%) = 2.5, round off 2.5 = 3, low 3 and high 3 times are ignored in calculating avg.

- Undo DNF/Penalty - It will be implemented a new version, which will be released this week.
- Displaying time after apply DNF/Penalty/Delete - maybe next release in one or two weeks.
- Inspection time limit (60 seconds) - maybe next release in one or two weeks.
- Cosmetic bug - in this week.

- Random state scrambler - maybe next release in one or two weeks.
- Modifying last score - in this week.
- Double tap at the end of solving - in this week.

Some of your suggestions are implemented and are tested for releasing soon.

Thank you again for your great idea.

KingEn

New version released in Google Play. New version will be available soon in Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kingen.timer

New features in v3.3
- Easy access to modify last solving time
- Delete all history at once
- Prevent erroneous double click
- Key input solving time

How to use the timer like speedstacks timer
- Touch screen if you want to use Inspection timer (optional)
- Click Pull to start button (hand button) in main screen.
- Lay both hands on the desk while 2 second countdown timer runs.
- Remove both hands from the desk after screen goes green.
- Solve a cube. The timer measure your solving time.
* Pull to start and Drop to stop may not work on solid surface.

KingEn Timer supports:
- Various types of screen sizes, such as phones and tablets
- Orientation : Landscape, Portrait
- Various types of cube scrambles
You may choose predefined cube types and may edit and create new type.
- Various kinds of display (1/1000 sec, 1/100 sec, 1/10 sec, sec)
You may select different display option in Setting
- 15 second inspection (You may turn off inspection in session setting)
You may turn it on and off in Type Edit screen
- Display solving history in list and chart
- Various of statistics : ao5, ao12, ao50, ao100 and user defined
- Several display skins (Dark, Light, Aqua)
- Pull to Start and Drop to Stop
- Filtering accidental time
- 2 second penalty and DNF
- Sessions in each cube type.
- Sending solving history via email or other apps in plain text and csv format
- Save/Load scores in csv file format

Brief Manual - http://cafe.naver.com/kingencube/6778

screenshot1.png

Attachments

• screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 9

Millet

YouTube
Visit Channel
Works great, thank you! Toggle DNF and removing DNF times is a big plus.

Pull to start works really well, but is there some way you can incorporate the inspection time when solving with pull to start? A way you could incorporate it would be to make the pull to start icon available during the inspection. It would work like this: Press the screen to start the inspection timer, once you are done inspecting, you press the pull to start icon, lay your hands on the table like normal (while the inspection time is counting down), and just solve it like normal.

KingEn

Works great, thank you! Toggle DNF and removing DNF times is a big plus.

Pull to start works really well, but is there some way you can incorporate the inspection time when solving with pull to start? A way you could incorporate it would be to make the pull to start icon available during the inspection. It would work like this: Press the screen to start the inspection timer, once you are done inspecting, you press the pull to start icon, lay your hands on the table like normal (while the inspection time is counting down), and just solve it like normal.

Sorry for disappearing Pull to Start Icon when you inspect.
I made a mistake to update UI.
Next version will show Pull to Start Icon when you inspect, which will be released in two weeks.

GTG96

Wow, once again I'm amazed at your rapid response, thanks so much.

Just to clarify, the menu button is present on the Galaxy Note 10.1 but tapping it does nothing (it works fine on my Xperia Z1 so I've seen what's supposed to happen).

Again, thanks for your quick response and great software.

Last edited: