• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Euro 2014 - Roskilde, Denmark - August 8-10th, 2014

Pitzu

WCA
2005KOCZ01
Hi Guys,
as I have booked my flight (Thursday-Monday) it's no worth waiting to organize accomodation. Looking for roommates.
Is there anybody who is sure about the dates and needs accomodation for Thursday-Monday?!

sneze2r

WCA
2012JALO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question about the multiblind cutoff.

What is the sense of this cutoff? I have to do first attempt? I'll propably won't be able to do the first attempt, so could i do for example only first attempt? Or only third?

ghammy

Am going to be in Edinburgh for the fringe festival but am seriously considering taking a weekend out of that for this! Question for cubers traveling from the uk, how are you getting there? Any cheap deals on flights from anywhere?

LucidCuber

WCA
2006AUST01
Am going to be in Edinburgh for the fringe festival but am seriously considering taking a weekend out of that for this! Question for cubers traveling from the uk, how are you getting there? Any cheap deals on flights from anywhere?

Flights from birmingham with one of the Scandinavian airlines was less than £100 return for me.

LarsN

WCA
2008NIEL01
How much money do you spend for food in Roskilde? What is average bill in local cafes?

Average cafe is about 120 dkr (about 15 euro) for lunch incl soft drink. Close to venue is a chineese restaurant which I think is cheaper.

McDonalds menu is about 65 dkr. McD is in walking distance from venue.

But of course prices depend on quality in most cases.

EMI

WCA
2011RHEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anybody else already looking for a place to stay?
My friend and I might stay at a B&B in Roskilde, but it would obviously be cheaper if we were 4 or 5 persons (135€ per night/ 27€ per person). Denmark seems kind of expensive :S
If anybody is interested to share a room with us, please write me a PM or message me on facebook (Emanuel Rheinert).
We plan to stay from thursday to monday.
btw I think it would be kinda cool to get to know people from other countries :D

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
So apparently I'm going :) AWESOME!

Just payed my participation fee.

Me and 3 of my friends are doing a roadtrip with mobilehome from Finland. Should be epic...

Plan is to cube all day and drink all night, which leads me to my next question:

How much does beer cost in Denmark? In bar and in stores?

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would like to inform people that the registration fee will increase as of Sunday (1st June), but to be safe I would advice you to register before before Saturday :)

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Another heads up:
Registration fees will go up within a few hours.

Random fact: Let's say you are competing in just 3x3x3, then as long as there's over 75% chance of you going, you are basically losing money by waiting with signing up till tomorrow.
Let's say you don't know if you can compete until sometime in July, but you estimate the chance to be above 50%, then you will also lose money by waiting.

For foreigners: There's still plenty of sleeping place at the venue (free). If you are interested in this, contact Camilla (her mail should be somewhere hidden on the website) (Yes, they have bath facilities)

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Quick question: on the schedule page, in "# Proceeds", does the # mean "number of European competitors" or "number of competitors" ?
From my experience, for finals it has meant #European competitors. In the last 2 Euros, Amos Tay and Rowe made finals, and an 'extra' competitor was added. Not sure about earlier rounds.