• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What puzzle do you think the WCA should add next?

Joey VOV

WCA
2013STAH02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think it would be practical to add something like 4x4 OH or 2x2 multibld or duplicates of events we already have. Things like cuboids would be most practical but there are so many so it raises questions as to which one would be added. Also, other side events, maybe gear cube or rex cube would be cool. I personally would love to see Rubik's UFO added, but that probably wont happen.

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think 2BLD would be a great thing to add, because it's way different than other BLD events in that it's essentially speedBLD. I also think that 3x3 speedBLD would be a great addition.

when you are fast at 2x2, 2x2 and 2x2 bld are pretty much the same thing.

No, because you wouldn't get inspection time. It would be a race to see how fast you can 1 look.

Last edited:

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
I think 2BLD would be a great thing to add, because it's way different than other BLD events in that it's essentially speedBLD. I also think that 3x3 speedBLD would be a great addition.

No, because you wouldn't get inspection time. It would be a race to see how fast you can 1 look.

Isn't speedBLD basically regular BLD? You aim to get the fastest times right?

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01

speed 3bld would take as long as FMC, or longer.

2bld, regardless of what you say, would be dominated by the best 2x2 solvers, and the WR single would be meaningless, and WR average would be even more luck based than 2x2.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
What puzzle should the WCA add next?

2x3x3 or 3x3x5 cuboids is what I'd put my money on but don't feel that we need a new event at the moment.

Master Kilominx could be cool but the hardware sucks.

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
speed 3bld would take as long as FMC, or longer.

2bld, regardless of what you say, would be dominated by the best 2x2 solvers, and the WR single would be meaningless, and WR average would be even more luck based than 2x2.

I never said it wouldn't be dominated by the best 2x2 solvers. That's exactly what it would be. I don't really see that as a problem, though. And I don't see a problem with the scramble being a major factor. It takes skill to find WR 2x2 singles. There's luck in the scramble, but doing a 3-4 move solution in sub 1 takes skill. It also takes skill to find it really fast, which is what 2BLD would be. But you know that already.

I think 2BLD and speedBLD are much better ideas than 3x3 shape mods, or 8x8+, or custom puzzles, which is most of what's being discussed. Maybe now is just not the time for adding events. We already have feet and clock and other stupid stuff. We don't need more events that badly.

Maybe just Mikel's idea
I think an official beard competition would be best, actually.

Last edited: