• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Solve/Cuber of the Year

cubernya

Premium Member
It's the holiday season! I'd like to start something new here, the "Solve/Cuber of the Year" contest. This contest will have a few categories which are listed below. Hopefully, this will settle once and for all what the most impressive solve(s) is, as well as showing who is the best cubing amongst us all.

These awards are chosen through nomination, then through a public poll. To nominate a person, please post the name of the person, along with their solve and time, and a link to a forum thread if applicable. Please do not nominate yourself; I feel that if your solve is good enough then somebody else will nominate it. Feel free to show your agreement with a nomination, being sure to quote the original post.

Nominations will run in this thread or by PM to myself until Saturday, December 28 11:59 PM EST (UTC-5, New York). A public poll will then be posted for everyone to vote on their opinion of the best of each category, which will run from Monday, December 30 to Sunday, January 12.

The categories are as follows - all of which must have been completed in 2013 ONLY, and are for all events unless specifically stated otherwise
Most impressive single solve (includes multi-bld solves)
Most impressive average
Most impressive solve(s) - single or average
Most impressive solve(s) - all individual events

Best fake solve(s)
Worst fake solve(s)

Best overall cuber
Best cuber in each event
Most improved cuber

Best/Most impressive competition
Biggest competition fail

Best walkthrough
Worst walkthrough

Best video description
----------
If you would like to see other categories added, please post or PM me.
Happy Holidays!
-Jacob

Personally, I would like to nominate Maskow for most impressive single. I believe that his 95/100 multi-bld in 6.5 hours is amazing. His solve can be found here.
This will be my only nomination. I believe the community can come up with the rest.

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Most Impressive Single Solve: Maskow 41/41 WR
Most Impressive Average: Feliks 6.54 WR
Best Competition: WC2013 (even though I wasn't there :p)
Best Video Description: Kevin Hays' WeiSu Review

Last edited:

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Most improved is definitely Kim Jokinen or me. I can't nominate myself soooo.. Anyway, He's provided a lot of my drive to get faster in my 11 months of cubing because he's always been just a touch faster than me.. Just enough that I feel the urge to catch up :)

Last edited:
Best Walkthrough should be Mats' where he's constantly saying "and I can skip the OLL," or possibly the cubing world 12 cubers, one scramble walkthrough video.

Coolster01

WCA
2011SBAH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Best Cuber in Each Event (I'm not doing all events and these arent always the fastest peopls, sometimes the most improved or close to wr or supah cool person):

2x2: Christopher Olson
3x3: Feliks Zemdegs
4x4: Sebastien Weyer
OH: Antoine Cantin
BLD: Noah Arthurs (yeahboy)
4BLD: Marcell (not cubing...)
Multi: Maskow
Pyraminx: Dreewa FRICKEN' Beerads. (Otherwise known as Drew Brads)
Megaminx: Richie Lim
Square-1: Brandon Lin
Clock: Evan Liu
Feet: Me? I mean I started off with a 2:30ish official average and got to 39.10? Idk
FMC: Ryan Pope (my friend got 31 out of nowhere and won at tree town)

Royiky

Single solve Maskow 41/41 Average Feliks 6.54 Best at 2x2 Cristopher Olsen Best at 3x3 Feliks Zemdegs Best at 4x4 Feliks Zemdegs Best at 5x5 Feliks Zemdegs Best at 6x6 Kevin Hays Best at 7x7 still thinking

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Best Cuber in Each Event (I'm not doing all events and these arent always the fastest peopls, sometimes the most improved or close to wr or supah cool person):

2x2: Christopher Olson
3x3: Feliks Zemdegs
4x4: Sebastien Weyer
OH: Antoine Cantin
BLD: Noah Arthurs (yeahboy)
4BLD: Marcell (not cubing...)
Multi: Maskow
Pyraminx: Dreewa FRICKEN' Beerads. (Otherwise known as Drew Brads)
Megaminx: Richie Lim
Square-1: Brandon Lin
Clock: Evan Liu
Feet: Me? I mean I started off with a 2:30ish official average and got to 39.10? Idk
FMC: Ryan Pope (my friend got 31 out of nowhere and won at tree town)

Yay I got nominated! But I got a 32.