• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Houston Winter Open 2014

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Finally, it's official! Kick off 2014 with the Houston Winter Open 2014, which will take place on January 4, 2014 in Cypress, Texas, USA. Check out the Houston Winter Open 2014 website for more information and registration: http://www.cubingusa.com/houstonwinteropen2014/

WCA Page: https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=HoustonWinterOpen2014

13403 Cypress N. Houston Rd
Cypress, Texas 77429

Organizer: Shonathon Collins :tu
Delegate: Shelley Chang

Events:
2x2x2 Speedsolve
3x3x3 Speedsolve
4x4x4 Speedsolve
3x3x3 One-Handed
3x3x3 Blindfolded
Pyraminx

*Tentative Event Possiblities
4x4 round 2/ Finals
Pyraminx Round 2/ Finals

Lazer

This is the first opportunity I'll have to go to a competition. I am looking for some advice. I CAN solve a 4x4 but not quite fast enough for the cutoff time. I can also do 3x3 BLD but am not very accurate or fast. Would you recommend just participating in the 3x3 speed solve, and watching the other events and waiting until next time to do those events, or hop in and try them even if I don't do very well? Looking forward to meeting some other speed cubers!

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is the first opportunity I'll have to go to a competition. I am looking for some advice. I CAN solve a 4x4 but not quite fast enough for the cutoff time. I can also do 3x3 BLD but am not very accurate or fast. Would you recommend just participating in the 3x3 speed solve, and watching the other events and waiting until next time to do those events, or hop in and try them even if I don't do very well? Looking forward to meeting some other speed cubers!

You have three months; I would try as hard as possible now, because you can probably get under the cutoff times by then :D

cannon4747

WCA
2011vili01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Even if you don't make the cutoff times for any of the events, competitions can be fun even just as like a massive cube meet.

D

Deleted member 19792

I am trying to see if my school can bring back dorm students from Out of State to participate in this competition

(SOOOO MANY INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS :D)

D

Deleted member 19792

Since the competition is in a couple of days, I'll go ahead and post my goals.

2x2 - Sub 7 Average, sub 4 single.
3x3 - Sub 20 Average, sub 17 single.
4x4 - Make cutoff, sub 1:10 single
Pyraminx - Sub 18 average, sub 15 single.
3x3 OH - Sub 50 Average, Sub 40 Single.
Skewb* - Sub 25 average, Sub 20 single.

*Tentative event