• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hi, Louis here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi everyone. My name is Louis, and I'm from the UK. I first started trying to learn the cube back in December, and I've only recently decided to start speedcubing properly after getting an average near 30s. It took me around a month to work out how to do it, and I then started looking up faster ways on the internet. I've got my average down by about one and a half minutes now, and I usually average around 35 (sometimes lower) seconds. I use Fridrich, but I'm getting a bit bored and I'm thinking of learning Roux. I got a (really bad) 2x2 and a (really good) 4x4 last month, and a V-cube 5 and a Pyramorphix three days ago. My targets are sub-6 for the 2x2, sub-20 for the 3x3 and under 1:30 for the 4x4. Current records are:
2x2: 3.55 (really lucky OLL and PBL skip (I use Ortega) - my average is ~9s)
3x3: 21.03 (about 10-15s faster than average depending on which cube I'm using)
4x4: 1:56 (15-20s faster than average)
5x5: 5:09 (2 minutes faster than normal... I really don't know how I got this time without missing any steps)
Other than cubing, I do piano, and I have my grade 6 exam coming up... although I missed out grade 4 and failed grade 5... but at least it helps my finger speed, and I'm feeling more confident this time.
So that's just about it from me. Thanks for reading!

I also need help getting sub-30. Avg of 12s for:
Cross: 4.30
F2L: 14.87
OLL*: 5.03
PLL**: 5.99
Everything: 31.85
*: 1-look for 22 cases; 2-look for others. The 22 OLLs are (numbers from SS's wiki: 2-4, 7-8, 21-28, 33, 37, 43-44, 45-48, 51)
**: Mostly 1-look except N and G

Should F2L be what I should be working on the most?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.