• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Noah's Blindfolded Tutorial

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great tutorial. Really helped me understand the intuitive stuff about M2. Also, the memorization techniques seem to be working with the vivid story for corners and the audio for edges. I had my closest BLD solve last night (only 3 corners away), and I know I'll succeed soon. Much faster than I anticipated.

One suggestion about the description of your video:

Part 3 does not have Y-Perm or either parity algorithm in the description, so I had to jot one down from the video. Maybe this was an intentional omission, but it might be helpful to add. Also, the m-slice edge algorithms are much less intuitive than the other edges, so I had to mine those out of the huge list. Not as much of a problem though, but here's how my notes from the video look:

Y Perm (corners): R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R

Edge Parity Fix: D' L2 D M2 D' L2 D

UB (A): M2
BU (Q): B' R B U R2 U' M2 U R2 U' B' R' B

UF (C): U2 M' U2 M'
FU (I): D M' U R2 U' M U R2 U' D' M2

DB (W): M U2 M U2
BD (S): M2 D U R2 U' M' U R2 U' M D'

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, Good Progress. I got my first BLD solve like 2-3 weeks back when I was avg about 26 sec :)
Great tutorial. Really helped me understand the intuitive stuff about M2. Also, the memorization techniques seem to be working with the vivid story for corners and the audio for edges. I had my closest BLD solve last night (only 3 corners away), and I know I'll succeed soon. Much faster than I anticipated.

One suggestion about the description of your video:

Part 3 does not have Y-Perm or either parity algorithm in the description, so I had to jot one down from the video. Maybe this was an intentional omission, but it might be helpful to add. Also, the m-slice edge algorithms are much less intuitive than the other edges, so I had to mine those out of the huge list. Not as much of a problem though, but here's how my notes from the video look:

Y Perm (corners): R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R

Edge Parity Fix: D' L2 D M2 D' L2 D

UB (A): M2
BU (Q): B' R B U R2 U' M2 U R2 U' B' R' B

UF (C): U2 M' U2 M'
FU (I): D M' U R2 U' M U R2 U' D' M2

DB (W): M U2 M U2
BD (S): M2 D U R2 U' M' U R2 U' M D'