• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best spring swap mods

schaek

Help !! how am i supposed to put the dayan springs in shengshou 6x6x6

Get all pieces from the core leaving only the core and cornerpieces. Remember what direction the pin is heading to and unscrew, swap springs, screw it back in and putiing the pin back into position. Do that 6 times.
Then look up some guides on youtube how to assemble the 6x6 back.

Trying 4 hours to swap 1 screw? If you did this, it takes only around 30 minutes - 1 hour.

Future Cuber

Get all pieces from the core leaving only the core and cornerpieces. Remember what direction the pin is heading to and unscrew, swap springs, screw it back in and putiing the pin back into position. Do that 6 times.
Then look up some guides on youtube how to assemble the 6x6 back.

Trying 4 hours to swap 1 screw? If you did this, it takes only around 30 minutes - 1 hour.

Well the thing is im not able to unscrew the screw .......

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way
Shengshou 7x7 + SS 6x6 springs = Magic. I can't believe how this thing moves. Somebody else has to try this and tell me I'm not crazy.

I would not recommend this mod. I tried it and although the cube turn absolutely great; it is very loose which makes it very locky.

Unless you have good 7x7x7 experience and accurate turning I would steer clear. Might be a good mod for advanced big cube solvers but not new big cube solvers.

Genesis

I would not recommend this mod. I tried it and although the cube turn absolutely great; it is very loose which makes it very locky.

Unless you have good 7x7x7 experience and accurate turning I would steer clear. Might be a good mod for advanced big cube solvers but not new big cube solvers.
Maybe try tightening it?(If you have not)
I used Dayan springs in my ss7x7, there werent much lock ups

Future Cuber

Has anyone tried the dayan or the C4U springs on a weilong v1 ...
are they any good because CBC says that the tension at the core is pretty tight and at the outer layer
its loose ....??????

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
I'm bumping this, but...
Shengshou 6x6 with moyu springs: FAST FAST FAST FAST FAST. I like the speed, but I haven't done enough solves yet to see if it's really better. Maybe some fast 6x6 solvers can give this a try.

TomTom

old thread, but i swapped fangshi v2 and zanchi springs and its really weird, Fangshi is ok if you like slow cubes, because the tensions need to be fairly tight, but the corner cutting is AMAZING, and zanchi is EXTREMELY fast, even on tighter tensions, but loses its corner cutting, if you loosen it, just as fast, maybe a bit faster AND LOCKS A LOT, but it can corner cut, but will always feel like its going to break

Last edited:

Wylie28

WCA
2014FORI01
Woulding swapping out Shenshou 6x6 springs with dayans ones make it easier to pop? I bought one at a comp a few days ago and it pops fairly easily despite it being almost as tight as it can get, if i do any more than a quater turn to the screws they are so tight they almost prevent outer layer turns from happening at all. Im pretty sure i remember him saying he did a spring swap with dayan ones. It may be something else because a quarter turn away from the screws being as tight as they can get this cube is one of the fastest i have, and i have a zanchi aolong and weilong, which seems odd to me

Last edited:

natezach728

WCA
2012SORI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Woulding swapping out Shenshou 6x6 springs with dayans ones make it easier to pop? I bought one at a comp a few days ago and it pops fairly easily despite it being almost as tight as it can get, if i do any more than a quater turn to the screws they are so tight they almost prevent outer layer turns from happening at all. Im pretty sure i remember him saying he did a spring swap with dayan ones. It may be something else because a quarter turn away from the screws being as tight as they can get this cube is one of the fastest i have, and i have a zanchi aolong and weilong, which seems odd to me
Swapping springs to dayan actually reduces pops. Well in my experience, it has :p