• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan 2x2 release date (and purple Zhanchi)

Genesis

I'm quite sure he meant replacing orange with purple as orange and green is quite hard to differentiate for colour blind people...
So the Dayan 6 was delayed due to imitations by other companies and the Dayan 2x2 should be released with Dayan 6 if nothing goes wrong...

Alvin Tan

The release date will be around the Chinese New Year period according to his post, which will be around 10 Feb 2013.

Zeotor

Genesis said:
I'm quite sure he meant replacing orange with purple as orange and green is quite hard to differentiate for colour blind people...
That must be it. 51morefun currently sells purple ZhanChis.
IMG_0845a2.jpg
Also, 51morefun very recently added colored/stickerless ZhanChis with purple instead of orange. The following quote is from here.
51morefun said:
Color Weekness People can not distinguish orange from green color well, so we replace the orange one with the purple color.
IMG_0883a2.jpg

IMG_0889a2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0845a2.jpg
    IMG_0845a2.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 55

rubixwiz031

WCA
2011ROTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not so hyped about the purple Zhanchi (although I think it looks pretty cool), but I am super excited for the Dayan 2x2, and will definitely be getting one.

I wonder if it will just be a build-down of one of their 3x3s? Or a whole new mech?

googlebleh

WCA
2012WEEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
WHY DO AWESOME CUBES KEEP COMING OUT? I'm spending all my money :)

Wait, does this purple thing have anything to do with with the Seven Towns lawsuit? Our are they going to make both (purple and orange)?