• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

US Nationals 2014 - Jersey City, New Jersey - August 1-3, 2014

MegaAmoonguss

Haha Rnewms I actually signed up for the website and came here JUST to ask that same exact question! I was thinking that arriving early would be good regardless though, because that way you have a better chance of getting one of the US Nationals 2014 Stackmats that some people are selling. And you can find your way around and meet people, but for me I would have to do that for like 3 hours lol

Sessinator

WCA
2009CADM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Check-in is addressed on the schedule portion of the US Nats website:

Competitors must check in at least half an hour before their first event starts. Check-in will be staffed at all times listed below on the schedule; other times, it may or may not be staffed. If you arrive and there is nobody at check-in, please ask for one of the organizers to check in. You only need to check in once during the competition.

So no, early check-in doesn't appear to be mandatory, but I would imagine you would want to give yourself a bit more than half an hour to get settled/warm-up.

D

Deleted member 19792

Uhh, I bought an LSC ticket for a spectator, and I only got one email(+ one for making an acct), and my delivery option is print at home. Their office is closed.
Am I missing something or what?

Yeah, didn't seem to get an email with the ticket either. Now, I am at the airport. *sigh*

vcuber13

WCA
2009METH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Would anyone be able to drive my mom and I back to the Ramada or Wydham after the competition each day? We'll be taking a taxi there but public transit will take about 90 minutes to get to the hotel. Let me know tomorrow at the competition if you can, thanks.