• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the worst/most annoying thing in speed cubing?

DoctorPepper

Regressing and not being able to leave sub 40
Hacing terrible F2L

Only 1 person i know is a cuber

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Having a POP and always having that one piece that you don't find until some time later... it completely holds you up from practicing that event (with your main, at least).
Big cubes collapsing... and I only go up to 4x4x4.

When newer cubers don't know about cubers I'd consider popular or well known. :p
:(

:0

WCA
2011MART05
one of the most annoying things, is a corner twist or a pop when you are really doing a good times
other thing that really obfuscate me is the G-perm, i'm cubing and i am saying: well, this really looks great, i'm going to make a sub-25 time, please, please i dont want to solve the g-perm in the PLL, please don't come out, and finally, comes out and is one that i still can't solve or one that i'm slow in ... finally the timers stop 35.00+, this is not my day

LaraMJ

YouTube
Visit Channel
The fact that people think you're a weirdo, a nerd or some sort of strange people. I hate that people think I'm some sort of strange kid just for cubing. BTW, there are also people who think I'm some sort of super genius... I also dislike it but obviously not the same way.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
The fact that people think you're a weirdo, a nerd or some sort of strange people. I hate that people think I'm some sort of strange kid just for cubing. BTW, there are also people who think I'm some sort of super genius... I also dislike it but obviously not the same way.

I actually take offense to anyone who calls me a nerd for cubing.

brian724080

I think the most annoying thing, as an adult doing the cube, is people think I'm doing it to get attention or show off... I'd rather be left alone while I do it, haha.
It seems to be the case when you do (and/or try to perfect) something the general public doesn't try to do (and/or try to perfect). What I always do is just keep solving and when I finish, I can tell that they are impressed -- they're just jealous.

I actually take offense to anyone who calls me a nerd for cubing.
I get that so much that I just don't even care.

People don't like the sound and sometimes they tell you that you're a no life and that's hurt :(
Yeah, that does...

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
one of the most annoying things, is a corner twist or a pop when you are really doing a good times
other thing that really obfuscate me is the G-perm, i'm cubing and i am saying: well, this really looks great, i'm going to make a sub-25 time, please, please i dont want to solve the g-perm in the PLL, please don't come out, and finally, comes out and is one that i still can't solve or one that i'm slow in ... finally the timers stop 35.00+, this is not my day
I hate G perms! Haha. This always happens to me when i get one.

LaraMJ

YouTube
Visit Channel
What I always do is just keep solving and when I finish, I can tell that they are impressed -- they're just jealous.

A few weeks ago I showed how fast I could solve the cube to a friend, so I had a very lucky scramble and got 15 seconds, then he called me a nerd and a weirdo... last wednesday he asked me to teach him how to solve it that fast.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
You too? I have all that fun stuff, ADHD and Asperger((s)not sure how to write it in english)
But the most annoying thing to me is people who try to solve it(classmates) and the PEEL THE *****ING STICKERS OFF.

Whoa. Peeling stickers? That's extreme, especially since it isn't their cube.

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
You too? I have all that fun stuff, ADHD and Asperger((s)not sure how to write it in english)
But the most annoying thing to me is people who try to solve it(classmates) and the PEEL THE *****ING STICKERS OFF.

Anybody who is autistic is 100% guaranteed to also be ADD.

And yeah, that's pretty annoying. Wow. Haha.