• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Marcell 3BLD 26.36 at Euro 2012

Marcell

WCA
2007ENDR01
[youtubehd]YWN_9y7lhWg[/youtubehd]

Cube: stickerless Dayan Zhanchi
Memo: letter-pair words
Execution: commutator 3-cycles

Several mistakes on this one. Scramble was great, one couldn't ask for more. Memo was fast but stopped for a second after donning the blindfold; than I did a cycle wrong and had to add an extra one to correct it (did [x': M, U' L U] instead of U' L' U and had to do [L2, U M2 U'] right after); then two algs later I stopped again due to suddenly feeling insecure about the first few turns of the comm.
So... plenty of room for improvement.

Thanks for recording, Hunor!
Edit: different camera angle, a bit longer recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R08mSe9sPjQ - thanks Oli!
Edit: shaking removed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGIVNA2cRI - thanks Hunor Bózsing and Ágoston Törökwith

Last edited by a moderator:

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
I tried to reconstruct the scramble:

This is what I thought to see in the video:
B' F' R2 F U2 R2 B U B2 L B U' B2 U' L' B L2 D' L2

2 edges and 1 corner solved, no flipped or twisted pieces, no parity.
1 edge happens to be my buffer piece...

Edit: confirmed by Marcell

Last edited:

Marcell

WCA
2007ENDR01
Yep, this is the one, I checked with some other guys too. So I was mistaken, there were 10 edge targets. It's just me who did 12 :p

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought stickerless cubes were not comp legal. I couldn't use mine at my last 2 competitions (US Nats and WOF).

The new rules haven't come into effect yet so I guess it's still at the judges/delegates discretion. And they are commonly allowed in BLD.

Well done Marcell, I can't believe the description of you mistakes and still getting a time like that.