• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
oops, look like the website has been updated since I last used it. They all look pretty good now. I might even switch over some of my algs.

Phew! I'm glad to hear that :) I like the algorithms, but I don't have anything to compare them to. The only thing is for A2 and A6, I still use J-Perm and Y-Perm, and for Dead Guy, I use F doubleSexy F'.

Hmm, could you share those ones? I have them all memo'd so, if there are clearly better ones, I'd like to switch before I get too comfortable.

Look at Kirjava's CMLL thread, he has several good algs for almost every case. My process for learning CMLLs is usually to check Waffle's site for recognition and then try his alg and all of the algs on Kirjava's list to decide which one is best for me. More recently, I've been picking algs first, and then learning to recognise from whichever angle is best, based on the execution angle for the algs I've chosen.

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is the easiest way if I want to share my CMLL list? (Don't want to post it on the forum, because you can't find certain posts after a few days...)
Is there a database of CMLLswhere anyone can put his own algorithms? (Something similar to BOCA - I coulnd't find CMLLs there.)

Last edited:

rybaby

WCA
2013PRZY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Could someone critique these solves? Thank you! fedora

1) R B' L2 D R2 U R B L D' R2 U2 B2 L2 B2 L2 U L2 U2
Rw2' F U' B' R' B2 // First Block
U Rw2' U2 R' U R U M2' U2 R U' Rw' // Second Block
U' Rw U R' U' Rw' F R F' // CMLL
U' M U' M // EO
U' M' U2 M U' // UR UL
M2 // AMS

2) F2 B R D F B2 R' L' B' D' F2 U' B2 U' B2 U L2 U2 F2 R2
z2 U L2 F x' M U M' Rw' F // First Block
U' R U R2 Rw U2 R2 U' // Square
R' U' R' U M U M' Rw U Rw' // Pair
U R U2 R' U' R U R' U' R U R' U' R U' R' // CMLL
U' M U' M // EO
U M' U2 M' U2 M2 U // UR UL
U2 M' U2 M // EP

3) R2 B2 L2 R2 F' U2 F' D2 L2 R2 F' D' R2 D2 L R' U' B2 L B U'
z U2 F' U2 x R' U' M F // First Block
U M' Rw U Rw2' U2 R' U R // BR Square
M2' Rw U R' // FR Pair
U2 R U2 R' U' R U R' U2' R' F R F' // CMLL
U' M' U M' U M U' M // EO
U M2 U' M2 U // UR UL
M' U2 M2 U2 M' // EP

4) R2 F' D2 B2 F' L2 D2 F D2 B' D2 L' R U' F U2 R' D' F L F'
x' M U R' F U B2 U' B // First Block
U' M Rw' U' R // FR Square
U' Rw U M2 U2 R' U R // BR Pair
U L' U2 L2 F' L' F L' U2 L // CMLL
M2 U M' U M' // EO
U' M' U2 M' U // UR UL
M2 U2 M U2 M // EP

5) B R D2 L U B2 R L' D' F R2 D R2 U F2 R2 B2 D2 F2 L2 U
x2 U' M2 B' Lw' U2 R U' R' Rw2' B' // First Block
R U' Rw U Rw' // FR Square
U R' U2 R U' R' U' R // BR Pair
Rw U R' U' Rw' F R F' // CMLL
R U R' U' M' U R U' R' // EO
U2 M' U2 M' U' M2 U' // UR UL
M' U2 M U2 // EP

These are linear/speedsolve solutions btw. Thanks in advance!

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
1: a very good solve, not much to say.
2: In the first block, instead of M' Rw' F, do R' F. I think you can solve the first block without the x'. Second block looks a bit long but it's still good enough for a speed solve.
I'll look at the others later.

That doesn't seem to preserve the blocks, and I can't find any CMLL algs that look like a version of that alg that does preserve blocks, so I think it's unlikely that anyone uses it.

Raviorez

I've a question to all of you, roux users:
Is roux a disadvantages for big cubes? (4x4-7x7)
Because you use much M moves, which can't be done that good on big cubes??
I asked this because I wanna switch to roux but I'm quite afraid that my big cubes will be worse...
thanks in advance

WCA
2014TIUA01
I've a question to all of you, roux users:
Is roux a disadvantages for big cubes? (4x4-7x7)
Because you use much M moves, which can't be done that good on big cubes??
I asked this because I wanna switch to roux but I'm quite afraid that my big cubes will be worse...
thanks in advance

My solution was to not do big cubes lol. But honestly, although it's a challenge, some people do use Roux for big cubes. Another alternative is switching from whatever method you use now for big cubes (e.g., for 4x4 perhaps you're using Yau) to another method that's similar to Roux but more big cube friendly. I think I remember reading that Alex uses Petrus. K4 might also be worth going into.

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
My solution was to not do big cubes lol. But honestly, although it's a challenge, some people do use Roux for big cubes. Another alternative is switching from whatever method you use now for big cubes (e.g., for 4x4 perhaps you're using Yau) to another method that's similar to Roux but more big cube friendly. I think I remember reading that Alex uses Petrus. K4 might also be worth going into.

i actually don't even know how to solve anything larger than a 3x3.