• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tips needed for one handed solving

alv746

WCA
2012JOUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I've recently decided to start working on my one handed solving. I seem to be stuck with very large inconsistencies which vary my times anywhere from 35 to 55 seconds. This is mostly due to the fact that I'm stuck using 2 look OLL, and sometimes 2 look PLL. I was considering learning either algorithms designed just for one handed solving, or learning ZBF2l. What are your opinions on the best way to maintain stable and faster one handed solve times. By the way I solve with my left hand if that matters.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learning full OLL and PLL will obviously be of great benefit, but is not necessary. Inconsistency is generally more of an issue in OH for everyone, and the only thing you can do is focus on every solve and keep practising to improve your times in general.

My recommendation would be not to worry about ZB, just work on finishing PLL, then work on OLL, and practise various finger tricks. Then when it comes to solving, stay focussed throughout the entire solve, especially F2L. Otherwise just work hard and things will improve :tu

WCA
2010YUPH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, just practice. Asking people for help is not going to help you nearly as much as just practicing.

Afraid I must disagree. For OH, I think form is very important for people just starting out. Poor form really hurts in the future. Because of this, I don't think it's bad to ask around about things. He got a turning tutorial by asking around. I think that's very valuable.

As for my input, look around for more turning tutorials and watch fast solvers. I think understanding how to turn is the most important thing for OH. Once you figure it out, you won't have to go back and worry about it (unless you want to integrate other turning styles into your own). If I were you, I would practice technique and then worry about learning algs.

Last edited: