• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cobey

hi, all

i've been cubing for a few years, on and off. i started with 3x3x3 and 2x2x2, and eventually 4x4x4 and 5x5x5. my solving method is a mix of beginner and home-brew methods. i'm not that fast though, and i got bored with my solving routine. so i found this site and decided to study intuitive F2L to keep it interesting and maybe improve my solving time.

i came up with some F2L moves that i'd like to contribute. they have fewer turns and might be a bit faster, depending on your style.

cheers,
cobey

cobey

thanks for the welcome,
i'm not near speedy right now, my average is 1:50 ish. that's using beginner method for 2nd layer and 5-look last layer where i do 1 move for corner permutation, 2 moves for corner orientation and 2 moves for edges. i just started learning Fridrich / intuitive F2L, so i'm not comfortable enough to time myself with it yet. for hobbies, i mostly do music/studio related stuff. i play keyboard, guitar and bass a bit. i'm also into electronics and software coding.

cobey

i came up with new algs for F2L #39 (R U' R' F2 L' U' L U F2) and F2L #15 (R B L U' L' B' R') and just added them to the F2L page. is there a better or more official way to post new algs?

jonlin

WCA
2012LINJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
4 tips from my experience:
1. Use the search bar.
2. Don't post a thread unless you're sure it hasn't been discussed before (goes with rule #1).
3. Use the forum comps to get faster.
4. NEVER MESS WITH KIRJAVA(Trust me, you don't want to hear about it.)

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
4 tips from my experience:
1. Use the search bar.
2. Don't post a thread unless you're sure it hasn't been discussed before (goes with rule #1).
3. Use the forum comps to get faster.
4. NEVER MESS WITH KIRJAVA(Trust me, you don't want to hear about it.)

5. Never argue with Stefan. You will always lose.