• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dixon Open 2012

IanTheCuber

WCA
2013SCAH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not a huge chance I can make it. 6.5 hours away. If I register, do I HAVE to come? Is it an absolute commmitment of coming? Do I pay for the registration right away by credit card or do I pay at the competition by cash?

EDIT: I MIGHT be able to make it. It's near my aunt's (Like 20 minutes), so my mom might WANT to come.

Last edited:

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not a huge chance I can make it. 6.5 hours away. If I register, do I HAVE to come? Is it an absolute commmitment of coming? Do I pay for the registration right away by credit card or do I pay at the competition by cash?

EDIT: I MIGHT be able to make it. It's near my aunt's (Like 20 minutes), so my mom might WANT to come.

You don't have to show up, but if you aren't going to show up you should email the organize a day or two before the competition so they can take you off. And you can pay at the door.

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is exactly why I like it (besides the MBLD). Just add Megaminx and get rid of Magic and it will be perfect, though I don't think Magic really interfere's with the time or anything so it's fine.

I think I can go to this. So far there's no reason not to, I even think school has ended for me by then.
leave magic alone.

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The competition is a week away! Here are some of my
GOALS:
(These are all averages btw)

Square-1: sub- 1 minute
3x3x3: sub- 17.5 seconds
7x7x7: sub- lololol
Magic: sub- 1.30 seconds
Master Magic: sub- 3.53 seconds
4x4x4: sub- 1:30
3x3x3 BLD: Success!
2x2x2: sub- 6.5 seconds

See you guys there. I'm the really tall guy. If there are two, then you may never know which one I am. :0

Edit: After the competition review of goal completion
Square-1 {No 1:02}
3x3 {No I had exactly a 17.5 average, so it wasn't "sub" 17.5, but I was still happy about it}
7x7 {Yes I had an 11:31. A piece popped out off the stage, I had to sprint around and down the steps to get it.}
Magic {No I had a counting 3, making it a 2 something average}
Master Magic {Yes Had a 3.51 avg, ranking me ahead of Mike officially}
4x4 {Yes I had a 1:20 avg and a 58.61 pb single!}
3x3 BLD {Yes I had 2/3 success. 3:17 and 3:58}
2x2 {Yes I had a 5.91!! I rarely sub-6 and I never practice, so I was happy}

Last edited: