• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dixon Open 2012

cuber952

WCA
2010Brec01
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://koii.cubingusa.com/dixon2012/schedule.php

Live Results

Date:
June 16, 2012

205 W 5th St
Dixon IL 61021

Registration Fee:
$5.00 first event, $2.00 for each additional event

Events:
2x2x2
3x3x3 - 2 rounds
3x3x3 Blindfolded
4x4x4 - 2 rounds (first round: 2:30 combined limit)
7x7x7 (7:30 combined limit)
Square-1 (1:00 combined limit)
Magic
Master Magic

Tentative Events:
3x3x3 OH
Pyraminx
5x5x5

Last edited by a moderator:

iEnjoyCubing

WCA
2011VALL01
Registered. I should be there (I can help judge/etc), but might have to drive up the night before. 4.5 hours away, skipping Square-1 but still don't want to wake up at 5 in the morning...

And no clock :(

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nah, because of 2 rounds of 3x3, no OH, and no MBLD.

This is exactly why I like it (besides the MBLD). Just add Megaminx and get rid of Magic and it will be perfect, though I don't think Magic really interfere's with the time or anything so it's fine.

I think I can go to this. So far there's no reason not to, I even think school has ended for me by then.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do we really need 2.5 hours for 7x7? I think you could have side events during that. If scrambling is the problem, I could scramble.

Perhaps the way the schedule is written is confusing, but if you'll notice, it's only 1.5 hours for 7x7x7, 11:30 to 1:00, and that time includes lunch. (And you have to leave the venue to get lunch - there are places close by, but not in the building.)

The schedule was designed to be safe. I'm very hopeful we will get some optional events in, and if it goes as well as last time, there's a good chance we'll get them all in.

Oh, and I suspect we could really use your help scrambling; you'd probably be one of the fastest people we could get for scrambling big cubes - we'll probably take you up on that!

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Will I still be able to do my 3 solves for 7x7? Even if I fail three solve thy will still be only five minutes.

We wouldn't use you for scrambling until you were done solving. We'd probably let Rubiks560 scramble for 7x7x7 first (since he just volunteered!) and then use you afterwards if we still need you. It would be nice to have you scramble instead of John, so he could focus on getting other things going. It's nice having several fast people at 7x7x7.