• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What Should I Learn Before I Stop Learning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
But what I don't understand is that you say you want to stop learning more at some point and just focus on TPS and lookahead. We all do this. We learn a certain amount, then focus on getting comfortable with it by focusing on TPS and lookahead. Once it's become a natural part of the solve you just need to find something else to improve on or add, and then repeat the process of making it a natural part of your solves.

Right, but at some point, learning new things becomes useless and can actually slow you down overall, I just want to learn as much as I can before reaching that point. Basically, I just want to know what you guys think I should and should not learn, i will decided if I want to undertake it.

DYGH.Tjen

WCA
2012TJEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So does anyone have any serious counter arguments to EJF2L? I hate those two cases so I figure I might as well learn how to skip OLL while doing them.

Sorry, can you explain/provide a link to EJF2L please? I looked at the wiki but I didn't exactly get it. Is it just MGLS? And yeah, go ahead and learn that, OLL skips rule :) (if that's the advantage it gives you)

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry, can you explain/provide a link to EJF2L please? I looked at the wiki but I didn't exactly get it. Is it just MGLS? And yeah, go ahead and learn that, OLL skips rule :) (if that's the advantage it gives you)

EJLS is just the CLS cases where the corner is placed but twisted. EJF2L is when you place a corner twisted during step 1, 2 or 4 of Petrus so that you can use CLS to twist it and perform OLL at the same time. Erik Johnson has a tutorial for it on YouTube.

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
EJLS is just the CLS cases where the corner is placed but twisted. EJF2L is when you place a corner twisted during step 1, 2 or 4 of Petrus so that you can use CLS to twist it and perform OLL at the same time. Erik Johnson has a tutorial for it on YouTube.

Ya, it is a rather useful little set of MGLS. You can purposefully insert incorrectly to save time and then OLL skip when you solve it. Really nice and easy to incorporate.

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This my experience and the experience of others I have met.

So does anyone have any serious counter arguments to EJF2L? I hate those two cases so I figure I might as well learn how to skip OLL while doing them.

although there isnt alot or algs to learn it dosent come up often enough to be "worth learning" imho. just learn coll.

Status
Not open for further replies.