• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Captain's Cove 2012

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

The answer is that it depends on the emphasis.

I will explain through dialogue.

It is a true statement in this usage:
A: I never wear a belt when I wear sweatpants
B: Kian always wears a belt with sweatpants.

It is false in this usage:
A: Kian always dresses funny.
B: I know, right? He always wears a belt with sweatpants.

amirite

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
‎"Outside of mathematics, statements which can be characterized informally as vacuously true can be misleading. Such statements make reasonable assertions about qualified objects which do not actually exist. "

This crap doesn't fly outside of the world of pure mathematics. There is nothing more fundamentally ridiculous than making statements about objects that don't exist.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
‎"Outside of mathematics, statements which can be characterized informally as vacuously true can be misleading. Such statements make reasonable assertions about qualified objects which do not actually exist. "

This crap doesn't fly outside of the world of pure mathematics. There is nothing more fundamentally ridiculous that making statements about objects that don't exist.

I agree. Did you guys know that all my sub 20 solves at that comp were sub 15?

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01

This crap doesn't fly outside of the world of pure mathematics. There is nothing more fundamentally ridiculous that making statements about objects that don't exist.

Did you expect anything else from a math major?