• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Video] ShengShou 4x4 42.54 + modding demonstration

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
It takes a long time to break in a modded Shengshou 4x4. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same mod though. Francis has a modded 4x4 and it almost never locks.

Ickenicke

YouTube
Visit Channel
i did the internal mechanism peice mod and it still locks up a little which makes me think the mod has been somewhat overhyped. with that being said, my cube is still way better then before, so its definately worth it.

I also did the mod, and the cube locks up a little. But I think that it will be even better with alot of breaking in:)

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It takes a long time to break in a modded Shengshou 4x4. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same mod though. Francis has a modded 4x4 and it almost never locks.
After I modded my fairly new SS 4x4 v3 it was instantly good after I lubed it.

Does your SS 4x4 ever pop or explodes?
I know the question wasn't pointed to me but I'll answer anyway.. I found a great tension where it doesn't pop at all and still moves very nicely when it is lubed (I use maru lube as I don't have anything else but that and silicone).

And all the locking after people experience, is it really the internal pieces you feel that are locking up? If so, maybe you sanded too little of them.
I first did the Florian's mod to outer pieces before I started to think about internal pieces, so that should be done too if you want to get rid of all the lockups.
The reason I originally wasn't happy about the cubes internal parts is because my turning style is really bad and I need as good cube as possible if I'm going to cube with 4x4 at all :p

Thanks for including all mods in the same video, some people seem to enjoy videos more what comes to modding :)
I really can't see on that speed in video does locking appear because of the outer or internal parts, but you didn't mod the smaller internal part at all?
I also want to mention that I didn't do anything to that outer point of the corner piece as I felt it didn't catch anywhere while turning (it goes over the edge piece when cutting corner).

mati1242

I have do this mod and my SS 4x4 is even worse I think..
I do everything like on pictures and now it Is more clicky and locky...