• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] [video] Micro's 2x2 Average of 12 - 12.55

micronexer

YouTube
Visit Channel

I used scrambles from one of the competition threads, pretty good scrambles with a fair bit of luck :)

Thought it would just give a general idea of my sort of cubing. I can do OLL and PLL in one step each on 2x2, but almost anyone can. I'm color-neutral but prefer white.

So how can I improve?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
First of all, a cube is typically scrambled white on top, green in front.

Your first layer looked fairly inefficient, you should work towards finding faster ways to do things and be able to do it without looking, so that as you perform the first layer in your solve, you can immediately look for your OLL.

Also, try to minimize cube rotations. So like, on OLL, always do U turns instead of rotating the whole cube.

Finger tricks. Having to readjust your grip to do a full hand turn takes a fair amount of time. Learn to use all of your fingers in turning to make algorithms move faster and more smoothly.

Lastly, just PRACTICE.